WBCS Examination [Main] - 2009
ANTHROPOLOGY - PAPER I
Time Allowed-3 Hours Full Marks-100
Answer any three questions.
1. Define Homo erectus. Give an account of the distribution and salient features of Homo erectus fossil remains. Enumerate briefly the biological and cultural adaptations of Homo erectus.2. Define culture and civilization. Discuss the relationship of social structure and social organization with Civilization.
3. Give an account of the concepts and methods of Ecological Anthropology. Discuss the role of Culture Ecology on sustainable development with suitable examples.
4. Enumerate the different methods to study Human Genetics with suitable examples. Discuss the inheritance pattern of any polymorphic genetic marker character of human with suitable pedigree.
5. Define growth and development with suitable examples. Enumerate the different methodologies for growth studies. Briefly discuss the different factors affecting growth with suitable examples.
Answer any two questions.
6. Define fecundity and fertility. Give an account of the different bio-soeial factors which influence the fertility in human with suitable examples. Briefly state the role of differential fertility on demography.
7. Write briefly on :
(a) Advantages and limitations of observation
(b) Schedule and questionarrie
(c) Case study.
8. Write short notes on any two of the following :
(c) Descriptive statistics,
(d) Social stratification,
(e) Symbolism in religion and rituals.