WBCS Exam Main Optional question Paper on Anthropology - 2015
Anthropology Paper - II
Time Allowed : 3 hours Full marks: 200
If the question attempted are in excess of the prescribed number, only the questions attempted first up to the prescribed number shall be valued and the remaining ones ignored.
Answers may be written either in English or in Bengali but all the answers must be in one and the same language .
Group - A
Answer any three questions
1. What are the megalithic burials ? Describe in brief different types of Megaliths found in India (8+32)
2. Village can be described as a structura] and functional unit of Indian civilisation. Elucidate (40)
3. What do you mean by fertility ? Write in brief about factors, affecting fertility. (8+32)
4. Describe the cultural profile of 'Iron Age' in Indian Civilization. (40)
5. Write short notes on any two of the following : (2x20)
(a) Contriburions of M. N. Srinivas in Indian Anthropology.
(b) Narmada man
(c) Tribe-Caste continuum.
(d) Christians in India as a religions minority group.
Group - B
Answer any two questions.
6. Write a notes on 'Impact of Market Economy' on Indian Villages. (40)
7. State the impact of urbanisation among the tribal communities in India with suitable examples. (40)
&. What do you mean by socio-cultural dimensions of human health ? Write a brief note on political and economic influences on health. (8+32)