ANTHROPOLOGY - PAPER I
Time Allowed-3 Hours Full Marks-100
Answer any three questions.
1. Enumerate some characteristics of primates that distinguish them from other members of the mammalian group.
2. Give a brief account of Brachycephais of Indian subcontinent with special reference to their distribution, origin and their physical characteristics.
3. Give an account of importance of marriage institution in human society. Bring out consequences of impact of modern civilization on marriage institution.
4. Define fertility and bring out its difference from fecundity. Give an account of bio-social factors responsible for differential fertility in man.
5. Give an account of different methodologies of growth studies. Bring out their merits and demerits.
Answer any two questions.
6. What is meant by Neolithic revolution ? Give an account of characteristic features of it. Briefly describe salient features of Neolithic culture of Indian subcontinent.
7. What is meant by economic anthropology ? Discuss in what way anthropological knowledge would be utilized to improve the present status of economic anthropology of rural society.
8. Write short notes on any two of following :
(b) Myths and rituals,
(c) Major branches of human genetics,
(d) Application of statistical principle in physical anthropology,