WEST BENGAL CIVIL SERVICE
EXAMINATION - 2003
Time Allowed-3 Hours Full Marks-100
All questions carry equal marks
Group - A
Answer any three questions
1. Describe the important biological changes that brought about evolution of man.
2. What are the characteristic feature of Neolithic culture ? Point out the consequences of Neolithic revolution.
3. Discuss the Nes Marxist contributions to the Theory of Culture change.
4. Give an account of the distribution, consumption and exchange in the Trobriand islands.
5. Point out the factors responsible for physical variation from one human group to the other.
Group - B
Answer any two questions.
6. Explain how far economic value of children influences fertility.
7. Elu date the role of ethnicity in the concept of nation state. Illustrate your answer with suitable examples.
8. Explain the importance of Anthropology of religion in the global context.