WBCS Examination [Main] -2013
Anthropology - Paper - II [Optional]
Time allowed-3 Hours Full Marks-100
If the questions attempted are in excess of the prescribed number, only the questions attempted first up to the prescribed number shall be valued and the remaining ones ignored.
Answer may be written either in English or in Bengali but all answers must be in one and the same language.
All questions carry equal marks.
Answer any three questions.
1. Discuss briefly the history and development of Anthropology in India. Examine how colonialism is related to Anthropology.2. Define Cast-system. Discuss the functions of the cast system. Do you think that the cast system is breaking down in the present day situation ?
3. Discuss why sex-ration and infant mortality are considered as two main areas of concern in the context of Indian population. Discuss the trend and implications of these two problems.
4. Critically discuss the trend of village study in India.
5. Write short notes on any two of the followings:
(a) Sanskritization (b) universalization (c) Distribution-of Indus Valley Civilization (d) Migration.
Answer any two question
1. Land and forest are the twin problems of the tribals. Discuss with suitable examples.
2. Is health the exclusive domain of medical science ? Discuse with suitable examples how socio-cultural factors may influence health and treatment.
3. What do you understand by Human Rights ? Discuss the role of Anthropology in promoting human rights in the context of women.