WEST BENGAL CIVIL SERVICE
EXAMINATION - 2005
Time Allowed-3 Hours Full Marks-100
All questions carry equal marks
Group - A
Answer any three questions
1. Give a brief account of the lower palacolithic culture of India.
2. Briefly outline the distribution of the linguistic divisions of Indian
3. Discuss the theories of the origin of caste system in India.
4. "Contributions of anthropology in understanding political movements of the tribes of India" — enlist and analyse.
5. Write short notes on any two of the following :
(a) Genetic variability of the tribes of India.
(b) colour blindness.
(c) Abnormal haemoglobin in Indian tribes.
(d) Jajmani system.
(e) Consanguineous marriages.
Group - B
Answer any two questions.
6. Write about the village organisation of the tribes of India.
7. "Social, economic and political status of the religious minorities of India.
8. Impact of Christianity on the life-ways of tribal populations of India.