WEST BENGAL CIVIL SERVICE
EXAMINATION - 2007
Time Allowed-3 Hours Full Marks-100
All questions carry equal marks
Group - A
Answer any three questions
1. Write a brief account of Neolithic culture in India.
2. Discuss salient features of Varna and Jati in Indian casl system with suitable examples.
3. Give an acount of the economic characteristics of schedule tribes in India.
4. Discuss Risley’s racial classification of Indian population
5. Write short notes on any two of the following :
(c) O B C
(d) A B O Blood group
Group - B
Answer any two questions.
6. State briefly the constitutional safeguards for tribal population in India.
7. Describe briefly the social structure of a matrilinear trih best known to you.
8. Discuss the salient features of the Soan and Madrasian cu tures.