WBCS Examination [Main] - 2012
Anthropology -Paper I
Time Allowed-3 Hours Full Marks-100
Answer any three questions.
1. Briefly discuss the relations among different branches of anthropology. State how anthropological knowledge may help to administer a country.
2. Compare the physical features of 'old world' and 'new world' monkeys. Mention their distribution.
3. Enumerate 'Neanderthal Problem' in relation to biological evolution of man.
4. Define kinship. Establish relations of kinship with family and marriage.
5. Define political organization. Briefly discuss the traditional political organization of a tribe known to you.
Answer any two questions.
6. What is understood by the team fieldwork ? Elucidate different methods and techniques used by the anthropologists during fieldwork.
7. Define race. Critically discuss whether the concept of race is still valid for understanding the human biology.
8. Write short notes on any two of the following :
(A) Mesolithic cultures. (B) Human genetics. (C) Ethnography. (D) Social structure. (E) Population structure.