WEST BENGAL CIVIL SERVICE
EXAMINATION - 2007
Time Allowed-3 Hours Full Marks-100
All questions carry equal marks
Group - A
Answer any three questions
1. Define Anthropology. Waht are its main branches ? Bring out scope and relevance of those branches of Anthropology.
2. State briefly the characteristics features of mousterian culture. Give a brief accunt of physical features and phylogenics position of the builders of mousterian culture.
3. Define clan. Give an acount of its function in tribal society.
4. What are main ethnic groups of mankind? How many of them are represented by the autochthonous population of India ? Give a brief account of their physical features and distribution.
5. What is meant by adolescent growth ? Bring out the characteristic features of adolescent growth in human male and female.
Group - B
Answer any two questions.
6. Define economic Anthropology ? Briefly discuss with suitable example in what way anthropological knowledge could be utilised to improve the present status of economic Anthropology in a rural society.
7. Give a critical appraisal of biological consequences of population control and family welfare in human society.
8. Write short notes on any two of the following :
(a) Homo erectus pekinensis.
(b) Social stratification.
(c) Ethno medicine.
(d) Gaussion (normal) distribution.
(e) Twin study method.