WEST BENGAL CIVIL SERVICE
EXAMINATION - 2003
Time Allowed-3 Hours Full Marks-100
All questions carry equal marks
Group - A
Answer any three questions
1. Give a brief account of the neolithic culture m India.
2. Discuss the distribution of broad linguistic elements in the tribal population of India.
3. Give an outline of the basic structure of the Indian population.
4. Discuss the problem of displacement of the tribal population in response to development in India.
5. Write short notes on any two of the following :
(b) Jajmani system
(c) OAB blood groups
(d) Abnormal haemoglobin
(e) Emeraence of ethnicity.
Group - B
Answer any two questions.
6. Genetic variability of the tribal population of India.
7. Discuss the contribution of Anthropology in understanding ethnic movements in India.
8. Briefly discuss the contribution of tribal cultures on the development of Indian civilisation.