WBCS Examination [Main] - 2010
ANTHROPOLOGY - PAPER II
Time Allowed -3 Hours Full Marks-100
Answer any three questions.
1. Define prehistory. Briefly describe the palaeolithic culture found in soan valley.
2. What is protohistory ? Critically discuss the salient features of Indus valley civilization.
3. Classify the Indian population on the basis of language. Give suitable examples.
4. Critically assess the impact of Buddhism in Indian society.
5. Write short notes on any two of the following :
(a) Mesolithic period, (b) The Veda, (c) Demography, (d) Purushartha.
Answer any two question
6. Briefly describe the factors that changed the agrarian society in post-independent India.
7. Compare 'development' with 'welfare'. Critically discuss the role of anthropology in rural development.
8. Briefly discuss the impact of democracy on a traditional tribal polity known to you.