WEST BENGAL CIVIL SERVICE
EXAMINATION - 2008
Time Allowed-3 Hours Full Marks-100
All questions carry equal marks
Group - A
Answer any three questions
1. Point out the characteristic biological features of human kind. Write about the consequences of bipedalism in man.
2. Explain the methods used for resolution of conflict by the simple societies.
3. What are the important features of Indus Valley Civilization ? Describe the trade and commerce as evidenced in Indus Valley Cultures.
4. Define 'rules of descent'. Discuss the importance of 'rules of descent' for understanding social organisation.
5. Write short notes on any two of the following :
(a) Java man
(c) Madrasian culture
(d) Case study method
Group - B
Answer any two questions.
6. How and why democracy and economic development are related to each other. Explain.
7. Point out important features of Iron Age in India. Discuss how iron influenced the life of people.
8. Discuss the importance of socio-demographic studies in relation to Physical Anthropology. Give a brief account of the techniques to be used for collection of data on socio-demography during a short period of field work.