W.B.C.S. OPTIONAL (ANTHRO.) QUESTION PAPERANTHROPOLOGY - PAPER II
Time allowed-3 Hours Full Marks-200
If the questions attempted are in excess of the prescribed number, only the questions attempted first up to the prescribed number shall be valued and the remaining ones ignored.
Answer may be written either in English or in Bengali but all answers must be in one and the same language. All questions carry equal marks.
Answer any three questions.
1. Describe the township planning, art and architecture of Harappan sites mentioning its chronological ranges.
2. Why Neolithic period is mentioned as revolution ? Who mentioned such term ?
3. What is demography ? What are the demographic changes in urban and rural areas of West Bengal as revealed in the census data ?
4. What are the basis for the caste system in India ? What is Jajmani relations ?
5. Write short notes on any two of the following :
(a) Ramapifhecus (b) Proto-Australoid (c) Birbhanpur site (d) Pleistocene period.
Answer any two question
6. What are the major constitutional safeguards for the Scheduled tribes in India. Write on the provisions of 5th and 6th schedule.
7. What are the major influencing factors, for tribal transformation in India ?
8. What is ethnocentrism ? How tribal identity and solidarity is maintained ?
9. How anthropologists can contribute is development ?