WEST BENGAL CIVIL SERVICE
EXAMINATION - 2006
Time Allowed-3 Hours Full Marks-100
All questions carry equal marks
Group - A
Answer any three questions
1. When did the Indus Valley Civilization flourish ? What was its geographical distribution ? Indicate its significant features.
2. The population of India has crossed the one billion mark. What are the causes of this growth ?
3. Discuss the problem of marketing of agricultural produce in Indian Villages.
4. Discuss the importance of forests in the life of primitive tribes.
5. Write short notes on any two of the following :
(b) Sex ratio,
(c) Tribal market,
(d) Jajmary system,
(e) Impact of Islam on Indian society.
Group - B
Answer any two questions.
6. In India, over the last several decades, there have been a decline in mortality and corresponding increase in life expectancy. What, according to you, are the causes of such changes ?
7. Examine critically the merits and demerits of the Caste System in India.
8. Examine the bio-genetic variablility ot the Indian tribes ant their distribution.