WBCS Examination Main Optional Paper on Anthropology (Paper II) - 2016
ANTHROPOLOGY - PAPER - II
Time Allowed : 3 Hours Full Marks : 200
If the questions attempted are in excess of the prescribed number, only the questions attempted first up to the prescribed number shall be valued and the remaining ones ignored.
Answer may be written either in English or in Bengali but all answers must be in one and the same language.
All questions carry equal marks
Group - A
Answer any three questions.
1. Discuss in brief about different courses of development of social anthropology in India. 40
2. Mention the Lower Paleolithic Culture Complexes in India. Discuss with suitable diagrams and sketches the geology and lower Paleohthic tool traditions of Sohan Valley. 15 + 25 = 40.
3. Define Neolithic and state its salient features. Discuss in brief about the Neolithic cultures of India. 20 + 20 = 40
4. Write Short Notes on any two of the following : 2 X 20 = 40
(a) Dominant Caste
(b) Jajmani System
(c) Harappan Religions
5. Mention the H. H. Risley's classification of Indian Population and discuss the major criticism of this classification. 40
Group - B
Answer any two questions
6. Write a note on the significance of village studies in India. Discuss in brief on the major concepts that emerged out of these studies. 40
7. Discuss about the contribution of social anthropology in the field of development. 40
8. Discuss about different problems faced by the tribal communities of India. 40