WEST BENGAL CIVIL SERVICE
EXAMINATION - 2005
Time Allowed-3 Hours Full Marks-100
If the question attempted are in excess of the prescribed number only the questions attempted first :up to the prescribed number shall be valued and the remaining ones ignored.
Answer may be given either in English or in Bengali but all answer must be in one and the same language.
All questions carry equal marks
Group - A
Answer any three questions
1. Locate the distribution of fossil findings of Australopithecus and mention its different polymorphic species. Discuss its phylogenetic status in hominid origin.
2. Point out the major racial traits used in understanding population variation. What would you consider in choosing an appropriate racial criterion for determination of population variation ?
3. Mention two major lower palaeolithic cultures in India. Give a comparative account of those two lithic cultures.
4. Delineate the changes in family In Indian society due to urbanization.
5. Discuss elaborately the merits and limitations of questionnaire method.
Group - B
Answer any two questions.
6. Explain whether developmental projects are inimical or not for tribal societies. Argue for your case.
7. Fertility in a logical phenomenon and its determinants are essencially socio-cultural --- Explain.
8. Discuss the role of witchcraft in primitive society with special reference to the zande.