WEST BENGAL CIVIL SERVICE
EXAMINATION - 2004
Time Allowed-3 Hours Full Marks-100
All questions carry equal marks
Group - A
Answer any three questions
1. Write a brief account of mesolithic culture in India.
2. Discuss salient features of Indian caste system with suitable examples.
3. Give an account of geographical distribution of scheduled tribes of India.
4. State briefly the constitutional safe-guards for tribal population in India.
5. Write short notes on any two of the following :-
(b) Chalcolithic culture
(d) ABO blood group
(e) Tribe-caste continuum.
Group - B
Answer any two questions.
6. What are the basic issues in tribal development ? Discuss briefly.
7. Describe briefly the social structure of a patrilineal tribe best known to you.
8. Discuss the salient features of the Lower Palaeolithic culture complex of Indian sub-continent.