Bengalstudents.com, (“BS”) is committed to safeguarding your privacy online. We will use our best efforts to ensure that the information you submit to us remains private. Please read the following policy to understand how your personal information will be treated. This policy may change from time to time so please check back periodically.
Information Collection and Use
Registration -- A user must register in order to utilize the study material, question paper, and candidate matching service. During registration, a user is required to provide certain categories of information, such as name, address, college information, e-mail address and password. In addition, a user may choose to provide other categories of information, such as career objectives, prior work history, job related skills and other job search related information. BS encourages its users to provide all of these fields of information so that users may maximize the effectiveness of the search and candidate matching services.
Passive Collection of Information -- In addition to the information that you actively provide to BS by methods such as completing the registration form, BS collects information about how you interact with our site. BS collects passive information for purposes such as testing and improving a user's experience at the site and the compilation of broad aggregate demographic data and related usage information for internal purposes and for disclosure to third parties such as advertisers and content partners. The types of passive information collected by this site include, without limitation, your IP address, which type of browser you are using, where you go on our site, and how long you stay on any part of our site. Passive information does not identify you to BS by name, and BS does not link your IP address to your personally identifiable information.
Optional Information -- At various other points during your visit to BS, you may be asked to provide information about yourself. For example, you may indicate that you wish to participate in a partner company sponsored contest. At this point your information would become the property of both BS and the partner co-sponsoring the contest. In instances such as this, BS is not responsible for the information that the partner company receives. Participation in surveys or contests or the use of other services that require the input of additional information is completely voluntary on your part, and you have the choice about whether to disclose the information necessary to use these features of our site.
Use of Information
The information that you supply to BS enables us to provide search and candidate matching services. In addition, BS uses your information in order to customize our site to your interests and enhance your overall experience at our site. BS tries to recognize you using various methods, including having you log in with your e-mail address and your password. Once BS recognizes you, pages, advertisements and other content may be customized for you so that you can see what interests you the most. In addition, as described above, BS utilizes passive information to learn more about how you interact with our site. This passive information may be combined with your other information for purposes such as testing and improving your experience at our site and the compilation of broad aggregate demographic data and related usage information for internal purposes and for disclosure to third parties such as advertisers and content partners. This aggregate passive information does not contain any personal information that can identify any individual user.
Sharing of Information
FW does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to provide products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with BS under partnership agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help BS communicate with you about offers from BS and our marketing partners.
- We respond to court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
Your Ability to Edit Your Account Information and Preferences
- You can edit your BS Account Information, including your marketing preferences, at any time.
- New categories of communication may be added to the Subscriptions page from time to time. Users who visit this page can opt out of receiving future communications from these new categories or they can unsubscribe by following instructions contained in the messages they receive.
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect personal information about you.
- Your BS account Information is password-protected.
Contacting the Web Site
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, the practices of our site, or your dealings with our site, please Contact Us.