WBCS EXAMINATION - 2000
POLITICAL SCIENCE PAPER -II
Time Allowed : 3 Hours Full Marks .100
Answer any three questions.
1. Do you agree with the view that India is a decentralized unitary state ? Justify your answer.
2. Describe the composition of the House of Lords. Do you think that the House of Lords should be abolished ? Give reasons for your answer.
3. Examine the factors that have contributed to making the Ameri-can President the paramount agency of the federal political machine.
4. Write a note on the relationship between the federal legislative and executive organs in Switzerland.
5. Evaluate the nature of the political rights enjoyed by the citizens in China.
Answer any two questions.
6. Analyse the part played by the Supreme Court of India in protecting the fundamental rights of the citizens. Discuss in this connection the concurrent jurisdiction of the High Courts.
7. Comment on the party system in the U.K. Indicate the recent changes, if any, in the party system in U.K.
8. Evaluate the nature of the structure of power in the U.S.A. Do you agree with the view that in the U.S.A. "money is speech and speech in money" ? State your reasons in brief.