WEST BENGAL CIVIL SERVICE
Time Allowed—3' Hours Full marks—100
If the question attempted are in excess of the prescribed number only the questions attempted first up to the prescribed number shall be valued and the remaining ones ignored. Answer may be given either in English or in Bengali but all answers must be in one and the same language.
Answer any three questions from Group A and any two from Group B.
All Questions carry equal marks.
Answer any three questions.
1. Why the study of apparently insignificant forms of social interaction in day-to-day life is of major importance in Sociology ?
2. "Culture shapes our personality"-— Explain.
3. Analyse the 'new' form of collective conscience that dominates organic solidarity.
4. Do you think that humans in modern society are increasingly victims of role conflict ?
5. Explain Maton's concept of anticipatory socialization.
Answer any two questions.
6. Some of the highest funding for scientific research and experimentation has traditionally been driven by the need for military development where the end objective is largely destructive. In meeting needs to support armed conflict, has science failed its social responsibility.
7. Evolution is an outcome of centuries of dialectic change driven by social conflict between social groups with differing amounts of material non-material resource. - Argue the hypothesis.
8. Gender discrimination has its origins in the distinct evolution of human body and mind of man and woman who have evolved over millions of centuries and is a catalyst for sustainable social equillibrium. -Argue the hypothesis.