WEST BENGAL CIVIL SERVICE
Time Allowed—3' Hours Full marks—100
If the question attempted are in excess of the prescribed number only the questions attempted first up to the prescribed number shall be valued and the remaining ones ignored. Answer may be given either in English or in Bengali but all answers must be in one and the same language.
Answer any three questions from Group A and any two from Group B.
All Questions carry equal marks.
Answer any three questions.
1. Point out the elements of diversity in Indian society. How does unity transcend so much diversity in Indian Society ?
2. Examine the structural and functional approaches to the study of Indian society.
3. Discuss the changing role of the family in Indian society.
4. Examine the nature and types of social inequality in India.
5. How does education affect social mobility in our country ?
Answer any two questions.
6. Throw light on dowry as a social problem.
7. Examine the old age problem in changing Indian society.
8. Discuss the problem of drug addiction in Indian society.