WEST BENGAL CIVIL SERVICE
Time Allowed—3’ Hours Full marks—100
Answer any three questions from Group A and any two from Group B.
All Questions carry equal marks.
Answer any three questions.
1. Do you think that ethnic and regional movements are inherently dangerous for Indian Unity ? Argue your case.
2. Discuss, with examples, the nature of structural-functional approach to the study of Indian society.
3. Comment on the nature of changes occurring in the structure and function of family in India. Is there any emerging form of family ?
4. The technology for agricultural modernization in India, has addressed only the question of production but the distributional and environmental questions have been ignored. Examine the statement.
5. What is the relation between education and social mobility. Discuss with reference to Indian society to-day.
Answer any two questions.
6. How has the demand for social justice challenged the traditional hierarchy based on caste in India ? Discuss with examples.
7. Comment on the nature of environmental movement and its impact on Indian society to-day.
8. What is secularism ? What is the nature of the controversy relating to the concept of secularism in modern Indian society ?