WEST BENGAL CIVIL SERVICE
Time Allowed—3' Hours Full marks—100
If the question attempted are in excess of the prescribed number only the questions attempted first up to the prescribed number shall be valued and the remaining ones ignored. Answer may be given either in English or in Bengali but all answers must be in one and the same language.
Answer any three questions from Group A and any two from Group B.
All Questions carry equal marks.
Answer any three questions.
1. Highlight the speciality of the Indian society and culture with special reference to the play of the forces of continuity and change in it.
2. How far adequate is the structural-functional approach in understanding the society and culture of India ? Give reasons for your answer.
3. Describe the regional variation in kinship system in India and its socio-cultural correlates.
4. Examine the role of panchayats and municipal bodies in facilitating directed change in West Bengal.
5. Analyse the nature of Globalization and its challenges to ecology as well as the probable ways to meet these challenges.
Answer any two questions.
6. How far is the fact of unity and diversity in Indian life explicable in terms if Durkeimean typology of social solidarity ? Give logically appropriate arguments in favour of your answer.
7. Explain the reasons why has the term 'juvenile delinquent' been substituted by 'child in conflict with law' in the Juvenile Justice Act, 2000. What are the expected consequences of this change ?
8. Analyse the nature of old age problem in today's India.