WEST BENGAL CIVIL SERVICE
EXAMINATION (Main) - 2006
History Paper I
Time Allowed-3 Hours Full Marks-100
All questions carry equal marks
Group - A
Answer any three questions
1. How do you account for the rise of Magadha as an imperial power in ancient India ?
2. “Kaniska's fame rests not so much On his conquests, as on his patronage of the religion of Sakyamuni”—Do you agree ?
3. In what ways was Sher Shah a precursor of Akbar as a ruler ?
4. Do you agree with the view that the region of Shah Jahan “marks the climax of the Mughal dynasty and empire’ ?
5. Discuss the Orientalist-Anglicist controversy on education in the first-half of the 19th century and analyse the effects of the triumph of Anglicism.
6. “Haider Ali was born to create an empire and Tipu to lose one”—Comment.
Answer any two questions.
7. Give a critical account of the tripartite struggle among the Palas, Gurjara-Pratiharas and Rashtrakutas.
8. Was Firuz Tughlak really “the Akbar of the Sultanate” ?
সম্পূর্ণ প্রশ্নপত্রটি Download করতে হলে attachment ক্লিক করুন: