WEST BENGAL CIVIL SERVICE
EXAMINATION (Main) - 2010
History Paper I
Time Allowed-3 Hours Full Marks-100
If the questions attempted are in excess of the prescribed number, only the questions attempted first up to the prescribed number shall be valued and the remaining ones ignored.
Answers may he written either in English or in Bengali but all answers must he in one and the same language.
All questions carry equal marks
Group - A
Answer any three questions
1. What changes do you perceive in the socio-economic condition of the Aryans in the Later Vedie period ?
2. Give an account of the cultural life in Bengal under the Palas.
3. Assess the economic reforms of Alauddin Khalji.
4. How did a political crisis develop in India after the death of Aurangzeb ?
5. Examine the nature of mass participation in the Quit India Movement of 1942.
6. Comment on the role of Raja Rammohan Roy as the architect of Indian Renaissance.
Answer any two questions.
7. Discuss the nature of Asoka's Dhamma.
8. Discuss the background and the influence of the Sufi Movement in India.
9. WasGandhiji wrong in writing the Khilafat issue with the Non- Cooperation Movement. ?
10. Was the Partition of India inevitable ?