WEST BENGAL CIVIL SERVICE
EXAMINATION (Main) - 2005
History Paper I
Time Allowed-3 Hours Full Marks-100
All questions carry equal marks
Group - A
Answer any three questions
1. Explain the religious, social, economic and political causes of the religious protest movements in the 6th century B. C. India.
2. How far was the downfall of the Maurya Empire due to Brahmapical reaction ?
3. Why did the grandiose schemes of Muhammad bin Tuglak fail ?
4. How did the Hindu and Muslim Communities interact during the Sultanate period ?
5. Examine the contributions of the Hussain Shahi dynasty to the economic and cultural life of Bengal.
6. What is ‘drain of wealth’ ? How would you explain the gradual decline of the old cotton textile industry of Bengal ? What were the salient features of the Indus Valley Civilization ?
Answer any two questions.
7. Was Ashoka really a Buddhist ?
8. Was the Din-i-Ilahi a monument of Akbar’s folly not his wisdom ?
সম্পূর্ণ প্রশ্নপত্রটি Download করতে হলে attachment ক্লিক করুন: