WEST BENGAL CIVIL SERVICE
EXAMINATION (Main) - 2010
History Paper II
Time Allowed-3 Hours Full Marks-100
If the questions attempted are in excess of the prescribed number, only the questions attempted first up to the prescribed number shall be valued and the remaining ones ignored.
Answers may he written either in English or in Bengali but all answers must he in one and the same language.
All questions carry equal marks
Group - A
Answer any three questions
1. What is meant by crisi in feudalism ? How did the feudal order collapse ?
2. How did the English Civil War generate radical, social and political ideas ?
3. How far were the philosophers responsible for the outbreak of the French revolution (1789 A.D.) ?
4. Discuss the various reforms of Czar Alexander- II. Why is he called “the Czar liberator’ ?
5. How did Bismarck unify Germany ?
Answer any two questions.
6. How would you narrate the scientific revolution of 15th and 16th Centuries ?
7. How far was the treaty of Versailles a ‘Peace Diktat” ?
8. Was the World War-1 inevitable. ?