W.B Civil Service Examination (Main)- 2010
Time Allowed-3 Hours Full Marks-100
Group - A
Answer any three questions 18 x 3
1. Give a structural division of Asia and describe any two of them. Account for the origin of such regions.
2. State the main features of the climate of Japan. Account for the variability of the Japanese climate and state its effect on human activity.
3. State the effect of the plantation economy on the people of South-East Asia.
4. Mention the economic aspects of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands with special reference to their location.
5. Suggest suitable measures to contain, control the rising population of India.
6. "The agricultural scenario of India is greatly dependent on the taste of the Indian pepole."—Comment.
Answer any two questions. 15 x 2
7. Divide Russia into broad physiographic divisions and describe any one of them.
8. Trace the historical development of Britain's cotton-textile industry with special reference to the contribution of India.
9. 'The advent of the Second World War had an adverse effect on the industrial development of Germany."—Comment.
10. The rise of the U.S.A. as a major world power in the present century is due to various factors-analyse them.
Answer any one question. 16
11. "The drainage of North America is interesting economically, physically and politically"— Comment.
12. What are the problems and prospects of the 'U.S.A.'s iron and steel industry.
13. What part does the St. Lawrence Waterways play in the economy of Canada ?