W.B Civil Service Examination (Main)- 2001
Time Allowed-3 Hours Full Marks-100
All questions carry equal marks
Group - A
Answer any three questions
1. Discuss how organic and volcanic activities are associated with plate Tectonics. What is a plate boundary ?
2. Describe the landforms produced by wind erosion in a desert area. Can you decipher a cycle in an arid region ? In that case which is the ‘basic level of erosion’ ?
3. Discuss the origin of the pressure belts over the surface of the earth. How are they related to the permanent wind belts ? Why are the trades deflected from their normal paths ?
4. What are the factors of soil formation ? Describe the profile of postal soils.
5. What do you understand by the ecosystem? Explain an ‘energy flow’ model in the eco-system.
Answer any two questions.
6. Discuss the contribution of vidal dela blance in the development of Geography ?
7. Analyse the concept of ‘Metropolitan Region’ with an example from India. What is an urban fringe ?
সম্পূর্ণ প্রশ্নপত্রটি Download করতে হলে ক্লিক করুন: