W.B Civil Service Examination (Main)- 2002
Time Allowed-3 Hours Full Marks-100
Group - A
Answer any three questions
1. Distinguish between weathering and mass wasting. Describe different types of mass wasting. What are the causes of landslides in the Eastern Himalayas ?
2. Discuss the processes of river deposition and ‘delta formation’. Discuss with examples from India.
3. Discuss the origin and development of tropical cyclones. Describe the meteorological conditions causing a severe cyclonic storm over Orissa in October 1999. What was the impact of this cyclone on human life and property ?
4. Discuss briefly the characteristic features of Indian agriculture and development of Indian agriculture in different Five-Year Plan Periods mentioning the impact of Green Revolution.
5. Write short notes on any two of the following :
(a) Mid oceanic Ridges and Transform faults.
(b) Weathering and Soil profile.
(c) Eco-Systems and their various components.
(d) Planetary wind system and Hadley cell.
Answer any two questions.
6. What is Urban Morphology ? Discuss some of the clssic models of urban landus with suitable diagrams.
7. Give an estimate of the distribution of petroleum in the middle East Region and Discuss its importance in geopolitical affairs.
সম্পূর্ণ প্রশ্নপত্রটি Download করতে হলে attachment ক্লিক করুন: