General Knowledge for W.B.C.S, State ,ESE, CSE, IAS, UPSC, NDA, RRBs, SCRA, MBA, MCA, BCA, BBA competitive exam, entrance tests, CDS, IES, Bank Probationary Officers (P.O./ T.O/ A.O), L.I.C, G.I.C(A.A.O), R.B.I. Grade ‘A’, Grade ‘B’ etc.
☼ Doctrine of Buddhism :-
Gautam Buddha has prescribed the realisation of four Noble Truths or Aryasatyas:
these are the essence of Buddhism—
1. Life is full of sorrow (Dukha) : Sabbam Dukkam.
2. The sorrow is caused by desire of earthly things (Dukha Samudaya); Dwadash Nidan / Pratitya Samutpada,
3. This sorrow can be stopped (Dukha Nirodha) i.e. Nirvana.
☼ Sects of Jainism:-
☼ Doctrines of Jainism :
Triratna i.e. Three Gems of Jainism.
The aim of existence is to attain through the triratna of
1. Samyak Shradha /Viswas (Right faith) : It is the belief in Thirathankaras.
2. Samyak jnan (Right knowledge) : It is the knowledge of the Jain creed.
3. Samyak Karma / Acharana (Right action / conduct) : It is the practice of the 5 vows of Jainism.