W.B.C.S EXECUTIVE EXAMINATION, 2001
Time: 2 hours 30 minutes Marks: 200
English Version (Collected From Memory)
Choose the word nearest in meaning to the underlined part of the sentence.
1. The spectacle was most pleasing .
(a) Sight (b) Impression . (c) View (d) Scenery
Direction for Question Nos. 2 to 5 :-
Choose the word closest in meaning to the opposite of the underlined part of the sentence.
2.The gentleman had aristocratic manners,
(a) Coarse (b) Democratic (c)Base (d) Plebeian
3.The barber was a most loquacious man .
(a) Taciturn (b) Reserved (c) Quiet (d) Tongue-tied
4. We were served a rich fare in the dinner .
(a) Poor (b) Plain (c) Tasteless (d) Unpleasant
5. He was rather reluctant to help me.
(a) Willing (b) Ready (c) Eager (d) Inclined
Direction for Question Nos. 6 to 15 :-
Choose the exact meaning of the underlined part of the sentence:
6. He gained success by dint of hard work.
(a) By means of (b) By force of (c) By way of (d)By virtue of
7. Swami Vivekananda led a godly life.
(a) Pious (b) Heavenly (c) Religious (d) Pure
8. Your arguments are of no avail.
(a) Helpless (b) Meaningless (c) Unprofitable (d) Useless
9. The specious arguments of the lawyer had no effect on the judge.
(a) Vicious (b) Illogical (c) Superficially plausible (d) Indefensible
10. None can be a good orator without the gift of the gab.
(a) Ability to quote (b) Ability to improvise (c) Fluency of speech (d) Wit and humour
সম্পূর্ণ প্রশ্নপত্রটি Download করতে হলে ক্লিক করুন: