[Question No. 1 to 25] :
Choose the suitable word/words for the blank space.
1. He ____ the killing of his father.
(a) avenged (b) revenged (c) acclaimed (d) reclaimed
2. He has not read ____ of these three books.
(a) either (b) neither (c) any (d) none
3. Let the door ____ for them.
(a) open (b) opened (c) be opened (d) is opened
4. Ancient India had many ____ writers.
(a) ballot (b) ballad (c) ballet (d) bullet
5. The importer had to pay ____ duties.
(a) excise (b) custom (c) estate (d) shipment
6. Prisoners were ____ in an island.
(a) deputed (b) departed (c) deported (d) dropped
7. He is to maintain four ____ .
(a) dependents (b) followers (c) dependants (d) disciples.
8. The landlord purchased a big ____ .
(a) state (b) estate (c) empire (d) properties
9. The sudden ____ of the volcano killed many persons.
(a) irruption (b) eruption (c) brust (d) burst
10. Indians should have ____ living habit.
(a) economics (b) economical (c) economise (d) economic
11. India is an importer of ____ oils.
(a) edible (b) ediable (c) eatable (d) none of these.
12. Aeroplanes are kept inside a ____ .
(a) garage (b) hanger (c) hunger (d) hangar
13. The patient ____ before the doctor came.
(a) died (b) had died (c) was died (d) did die
14. The boy ____ suffering from fever since Monday.
(a) is (b) has (c) was (d) has been
15. I mind ____ late in the meeting.
(a) him come (b) his come (c) his coming (d) him coming
16. He decided to ____ his properties.
(a) Assure (b) Insure (c) Ensure (d) Procure
17. The judgement was highly ____ .
(a) judicious (b) judicial (c) legal (d) logical
18. A ____ robber was arrested yesterday.
(a) noted (b) famous (c) reputed (d) notorious
19. ____ countries of Europe are developed.
(a) Oriental (b) Educated (c) Occidental (d) Industrious
20. I ____ your letter yesterday.
(a) have received (b) had received (c) received (d) did received
21. Police decided to protect ____ areas .
(a) sensible (b) sensual (c) sensitive (d) savage
22. Law students should study ____ books.
(a) statue (b) statute (c) legal (d) procedure
23. Mr. Sen lives in a decorated ____ .
(a) suit (b) estate (c) suite (d) mason
24. ____ people are liked by all.
(a) urban (b) urbane (c) civilian (d) civic
25. Though tired, ____ he continued to work.
(a) yet (b) but (c) so (d) did