WEST BENGAL CIVIL SERVICE
Time Allowed—3’ Hours Full marks—100
Answer any three questions from Group A and any two from Group B.
All Questions carry equal marks.
Answer any three questions.
1. Discuss the bases of unity in Indian society in the midst of diversity.
2. Discuss the salient features of the Indological approach to the study of Indian society. Is it valid today.
3. What are the distinctive feature of the caste system in India ? Indicate the factors that are introducing mobility in the caste system.
4. Distinguish between a joint family and a nuclear family. Is it true to say that the joint family in India is disintegrating ?
5. What is meant by political participation ? What are the means of effective political participation ? Give Indian examples.
Answer any two questions.
6. What are the typical characteristics of Indian urbanization ? How is environmental pollution affecting healthy urbanization in India ?
7. Write a note on the problem of juvenile delinquency in India.
8. Indicate the main problems facing the tribes in our country. Do they pose any threat to national integration.