WEST BENGAL CIVIL SERVICE
Time Allowed—3' Hours Full marks—100
Answer any three questions from Group A and any two from Group B.
All Questions carry equal marks.
Answer any three questions.
1. What is meant by social change. ? Indicate some of the main factors which cause social change.
2. Point cut the main features of Durkheim's contribution to sociology.
3. Discuss the typology of social groups.
4. How is religion related with morality ? What is the social role o£ religion ?
5. Examine the advantages and disadvantages of observation as a method of social enquiry.
Answer any two questions.
6. How does Weber view the role of the bureaucracy an modern society ? Do you agree with him.
7. What is the role of work ethic in production ? Give an estimate about the nature of work ethic in India with focus on West Bengal.
8. Discuss Marx's contribution to sociology.