WEST BENGAL CIVIL SERVICE
Time Allowed—3' Hours Full marks—100
Answer any three questions.
1. Discuss the nature of the dialectical approach to the study of Indian society. Give examples of any two such works on Indian society.
2. Analyse the nature of changes occurring in the structure and function of family in Indian society today.
3. What is social inequality ? Discuss the nature and types of social inequality with reference to Indian society.
4. What is industrialization ? What has been the impact of industrialization on Indian society today ?
5. Who are the 'Backward Classes' ? What are their problems in modern Indian society ?
Answer any two questions.
6. Can religion be the basis of national unity in India today ? Discuss your arguments.
7. What are the social and economic factors affecting the position of women in modern Indian society ?
8. Write a note on the problem of child labour in India