1. which one has not been correctly matched ?
(a) National Youth Day : January 12 (b) National Science Day : February 28
(c) National Technology Day : May 17 (d) Ouit India Day : August 9
2. What is the approximate percentage of urban population of India in 2001 census :
(a) 26 (b) 28 (c) 30 (d) 32
3. What is the density of population of India in 2001 census report (per sq. km) :
(a) 316 (b) 320 (c) 324 (d) 328
4. In 2001 census highest literacy was for Kerala being around 90%. The second position being around 88% was for :
(a) Tamil Nadu (b) Mizoram (c) Nagaland (d) Goa
5. The length of National Highways of India in 2001 census was around (in thousand kms ) :
(a) 54 (b) 56 (c) 58 (d) 60
6. What is the approximate time of official playing of national anthem of India :
(a) 45 seconds (b) 52 seconds (c) 58 seconds (d) None of these
7. How many spokes are there in the wheel of the National Flag ol India :
(a) 16 (b) 20 (c) 24 (d) 32
8. The present National Anthem of India 'Jana-gana-Mana.... ' was first sung in the Congress session on 27th December, 1911 in session held at :
(a) Bombay (b) Lucknow (c) Calcutta (d) None
9. The first month of the National 'Saka' Calendar year of India is :
(a) Baishaka (b) Sravana (c) Phalguna (d) Chaitra
10. Indian State having largest population, Uttar Pradesh, send highest number of members in the Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha. The numbers are respectively :
(a) 70 - 25 (b) 75 - 28 (c) 80 - 31 (d) 85 - 34
11. On which date the first Lok Sabha of India was constituted ?
(a) March 12, 1952 (b) April 17, 1952 (c) May 7, 1952 (d) June 12, 1952
12. The first women President of the UN General Assembly was :
(a) Sarojini Naidu (b) Vijaylakshmi Pandit (c) Sucheta Kripalini (d) None of these
13. By which constitutional Amendment the voting age of Indians was lowered from 21 years to 18 years :
(a) 61st (b) 65th (c) 71st (d) 74th
14. Which one has not been correctly matched ?
(a) Operation Bluestar : Punjab (b) Operation Black Thunder : Assam
(c) Operation Sarp Vinash : Kashmir (d) Operation Cactus : Maldives
15. Which one is a India made Surface to air missile (SAM) ?
(a) Agni (b) Prithvi (c) Trisul (d) Nishant
16. On the basis of latest position number of Railway zones in India reached to :
(a) 12 (b) 14 (c) 16 (d) 18
17. In the census of 2001 the literacy rate of India reached to around 68%. What is the approximate literacy for males and females respectively ?
(a) 70 & 60% (b) 72 & 67% (c) 75 & 60% (d) 76 & 54%
18. What is the average percentage of people living below poverty line on the basis of 2001 census report ?
(a) 24 (b) 26 (c) 28 (d) 32
19. The National Remote Sensing Agency of India is located at :
(a) Bangalore (b) Chennai (c) Hyderabad (d) Mumbai
20. The Master Control Facility (MCF) associated with Indian Space project is located at Hassan of :
(a) Madhya pradesh (b) Kerala (c) Karnataka (d) Andhrapradesh
21. In which year the National Council of Educational Research & Training (NCERT) was set up :
(a) 1960 (b) 1961 (c) 1962 (d) 1963
22. In which city the Indian Institute of Astrophysics is located ?
(a) Bangalore (b) Mumbai (c) Hyderabad (c) Allahabad
23. Central Food Technological Research Institute is located in :
(a) Bijapur (b) Mysore (c) Hassan (d) Bangalore
24. The Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants is located at :
(a) Dheradun (b) Lucknow (c) Allahabad (d) None
25. In 1955 the Congress party adopted resolution to introduce Socialist pattern of economy in India. The session was held in :
(a) Allahabad of Uttar Pradesh (b) Avadi of Tamil Nadu
(c) Amritsar of Punjab (d) Ujjain of Madhya pradesh.
26. Privy Purses for former rulers of Native Indian States were abolished in :
(a) 1968 (b) 1970 (c) 1972 (d) None of these
27. In which year Mr. Rajiv Gandhi was killed ?
(a) 1991 (b) 1992 (c) 1993 (d) None of these
28. In which year Mr. Vajpayee went to Lahore by Bus journey ?
(a) 1999 (b) 2000 (c) 2001 (d) None of these
29. Who was appointed as the first woman Governor of an Indian State (U.P) :
(a) Vijaykakshmi Pandit (b) Padmaja Naidu (c) Sarojini Naidu (d) None of these
30. First Woman Chief Minister of an Indian State was : (of Uttar Pradesh) :
(a) Sucheta Kripalani (b) Nandini Satpati (c) Kumudben Joshi (d) None of these
31. The biggest State of India in Area, Rajasthan has area of around :
(a) 3.4 Lakh sq .km (b) 2.8 lakh sq .km (c) 2.2 lakh sq.km (d) 1.8 lakh sq.km
32. The smallest State of India in area, Goa, has area of around :
(a) 4.3 thousand sq. km (b) 3.7 thousand sq. km
(c) 3.2 thousand sq. km (d) 2.8 thousand sq. km
33. Which one has not been correctly matched ?
(a) Chhattisgarh : Raipur (b) Uttaranchal : Nainital (c) Lakshadweep : Kavarati (d) Goa : Panaji
34. India is expected to be largest country in population in :
(a) 2030 (b)2040 (c) 2050 (d) 2060
35. Indian State having lowest literacy rate in 2001 census was :
(a) Rajasthan (b) Jharkhand (c) Bihar (d) None of these
36. The Pakistani President General Pervez Musharaf attend 'Agra Summit' in July of :
(a) 2000 (b) 2001 (c) 2002 (d) Now
37. What is the name of India made small passenger aircraft ?
(a) Saras (b) Balaka (c) Hansa (d) None of these
38. 'Dada Saheb Phalke' awards are given in India in the field of :
(a) literature (b) science (c) Cinema (d) None of these
39. With which organisation India is not assiociated as a member
(a) SAARC (b) UNO (c) WTO (d) ASEAN
40. Who was chosen as the Chairman of the 12th Finance Commission of India ?
(a) Bimal Jalan (b) C. Rangarajan (c) Raja C. Chaliah (d) None
41. India was not founder member of the :
(a) UNO (b) NAM (c) WTO (d) NAFTA
42. Which one has not been correctly matched regarding Railway zone Headquarter ?
(a) East Coast Railway : Bhubaneswar (b) South East Central Rail : Bilaspur
(c) North Central Railway : Jabalpur (d) East Central Railway : Patna
43. Head Quarter of How many Railway zones are there in Kolkata :
(a) One (b) Two (c) Three (d) None of these
44. First Asian games were arranged in New Delhi in 1951. Again New Delhi hosted the Asian Games in :
(a) 1981 (b) 1982 (c) 1983 (d) 1984
45. National Capital Territory, Delhi has Assembly of 70 members. The Union Territory of Pondicherry "has Assembly of :
(a) 30 members (b) 33 members (c) 36 members (d) 40 members
46. Which one has not been correctly matched :
(a) University of Roorkee : Uttaranchal (b) Bundelkhand University : Madhya Pradesh
(c) Periyar University : Tamil Nadu (d) Maharshi Dayanand University : Punjab
47. India State having more number of females in relation of males in 2001 was :
(a) Haryana (b) Kerala (c) West Bengal (d) Punjab
48. After the creation of Chhattisgarh State, in area Madhya Pradesh emerged in position in respect of area as the :
(a) Second State (b) Third State (c) Fourth State (d) None
49. Indian newspaper having highest number of circulation is :
(a) Hindustan Times (b) Times of India (c) Dainik Jagran (d) Dainik Bhaskar
50. Which one is not correctly matched regarding Railway zone
(a) East Central : Hajipur (b) North Western : Jaipur
(c) South Western : Bangalore (d) North Central : Lucknow
51. Which one of the following authorities may suspend the enjoyment of Fundamental Rights of the Indian people :
(a) Union Cabinet (b) Union Council of Ministers (c) The Parliament (d) None of these52. Which one of the following does not fall under Union List ?
(a) TV transmission (b) Banking (c) Forest (d) Citizenship
53. State Government employees are thought to work under the control of the concerned :
(a) State Council of Ministers (b) Chief Minister (c) Governor (d) None of these.
54. Indian Citizenship can be acquired by :
(a) birth (b) naturalization (c) registration (d) All of these
55. Which one of the following is not an autonomous organization ?
(a) Election Commission (b) Planning Commission
(c) Office of C&A G of India (d) Supreme Court of India.
56. A District Judge hears cases relating to :
(a) Civil matter (b) Criminal matter (c) Constitutional matter (d) None of these
57. How many seats are there for West Bengal in Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha respectively ?
(a) 40 and 18 (b) 44 and 20 (c) 42 and 16 (d) None of these58. With an issue of which State of India Sri Krishna Commission was linked ?
(a) Uttar Pradesh (b) Maharastra (c) Gujarat (d) None of these
59. What was the population of India at the time of Indian Indepedence in 1947 ?
(a) Around 30 crore (b) around 35 crore (c) Around 40 crore (d) Around 45 crore
60. In which year the planning Commission of India was formed ?
(a) 1948 (b) 1950 (c) 1952 (d) None of these
61. What was the area of highest importance in 1st Five Year Plan ?
(a) Agriculture (b) Industries (c) Communication (d) None
62. Who was the Prime Minister of India when Private Banks were nationalized by the Union Government of India ?
(a) Jawaharlal Nehru (b) Indira Gandhi (c) Morerji Desai (d) None
63. Among the countries of Asia, Indian economy is in .... position.
(a) 1st (b) 2nd (c) 3rd (d) None of these
64. Around what percent of total population of world are found to live in India :
(a) 10% (b) 15% (c) 20% (d) 25%
65. Which one of the following Banks has got largest number of Branches among all the Banks of India ?
(a) State Bank of India (b) Reserve Bank of India (c) Allahabad Bank (d) United Bank of India.66. Currency notes of which denomination is not circulated by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) ?
(a) Rs. 500 (b) Rs. 100 (c) Rs. 5 (d) Rs. 167. National income and per-capita income in India is calculated by the organisation named ?
(a) RBI (b) CSO (c) FICC1 (d) None of these68. Which one of the following is not the name of a specialized Financial Institution ?
(a) IDBI (b) NABARD (c) EXIM Bank (d) UCO Bank
69. What is the average Life Expectancy of an Indian on the basis of 1991 census (Approx.) :
(a) 30 years (b) 40 years (c) 50 years (d) 60 years
70. In which area Public Sector has got very little importance ?
(a) Industry (b) Agriculture (c) Services (d) None of these
71. Which one of the following is not associated with the term 'Infrastructure' ?
(a) Power Generation (b) Telecommunication Services
(c) Health care services (d) Equipment production
72. What percentage of Indian people lived in Urban areas on the basis of 1991 census report ? (Approximately)
(a) 20% (b) 25% (c) 30% (d) 35%73. Which one is the biggest city in population in 2001 Census ?
(a) Calcutta (b) Bombay (c) Delhi (d) None of these
74. Which gives highest tax collection for the Government of India ?
(a) Income Tax (b) Excise (c) Corporation Tax (d) None
75. In which area highest expenditure is done by the Government of India in each of present Years ? (as observed in the initial period of 21st century)
(a) Defence (b) Debt servicing
(c) Central Plan expenditure for development purposes
(d) Administrative expenses
76. Which one of the following States contributes highest amount in the form of taxes to the Governmental agencies ?
(a) Maharashtra (b) Gujarat (c) Uttar Pradesh (d) None
77. Which one of the following is not exported from India ?
(a) Tea (b) Coffee (c) Natural rubber (d) Spices
78. The biggest producer of Tobacco among Indian States is :
(a) Gujarat (b) Andhra Pradesh (c) Orissa (d) None of these
79. In which case Gujarat is not the biggest producer among States :
(a) Salt (b) Ground-nut (c) Cotton (d) Coconut
80. Which region of India has highest per-capita income ?
(a) Punjab (b) Delhi (c) Maharashtra (d) Bihar
81. Which one of the following States has got highest production of agricultural crops per acre of land used ?
(a) Uttar Pradesh (b) West Bengal (c) Punjab (d) Rajasthan.82. Which one of the following States is the biggest producer of mineral items in value ?
(a) Madhya Pradesh (b) Orissa (c) Bihar (d) Jharkhand
83. In which case India is the leading exporter in the world ?
(a) Coal (b) Iron Ore (c) Mica (d) None of these84. Which one has got Gold Mines in India ?
(a) Gujarat (b) Karnataka (c) Bihar (d) None of these
85. Which State has got highest production of diamond from mines ?
(a) Rajasthan (b) Madhya Pradesh (c) Uttar Pradesh (d) None
86. What is the approximate percentage share of India in the total global trading i.e. international trade.
(a) 1% (b)5% (c) 10% (d) None of these
87. The Stock Exchange of which one of the following Places has got highest transaction in India ?
(a) Dalal Street (b) Lyons Range (c) Bank Street (d) None
88. The biggest Mutual Fund Organisation in India is :
(a) UTI (b) LIC (c) GIC (d) None of these
89. Which one of the following group invest highest amount in the area of purchasing shares/debentures etc. in India ?
(a) Government (b) Companies (c) Members of public (d) None
90. In respect of global Trade India is a country having :
(a) Surplus balance (b) Deficit position (c) equality of both import and export (d) None of these
91. For which area of imports India is required to spend highest volume of foreign exchange from Public Sector fund ?
(a) Petroleum (b) Food items (c) Gold (d) None of these
92. The oldest oil mines of India are located in :
(a) Maharashtra (b) Gujarat (c) Assam (d) None of these
93. Approximate route length of Indian Railways is around :(a) 50,000 kms (b) 60,000 kms (c) 75,000 kms (d) 1 lakh kms.
94. The Head Quarters of which Railway Zones is not located in Kolkata ?
(a) Eastern Rail (b) South Eastern Rail (c) North Eastern Rail (d) None of these
95. The H.Q. of South Central Rail is located at :
(a) Chennai (b) Secunderabad (c) Maligaon (d) Churchgate
96. Which one of the following Sea-ports is not in Western Coast ?
(a) Kandla (b) Murmagao (c) Cochin (d) Paradip
97. In which State New Mangalore Port is situated ?
(a) Andhra Pradesh (b) Karnataka (c) Madhya Pradesh (d)None
98. What is the approximate length of metalled (i.e.pucca ) road on the soil of India ?
(a) 5 lakh kms (b) 10 lakh kms (c) 20 lakh kms (d) 25 lakh kms.
99. Which one has got most developed road system in India ?
(a) Punjab (b) Rajasthan (c) Orissa (d) West Bengal
100. Through which process India produces highest volume of power ?
(a) Thermal (b) Hydroelectric (c) Atomic (d) Solar
101. With which country India has entered into an agreement to produce Hydroelectricity ?
(a) Myanmar (b) Bangladesh (c) Nepal (d) Bhutan
102. Through which system highest area of Lands of India are irrigated ?
(a) Canal (b) Deep Tubewells (c) Tanks (d) None
103. Around what percentage of National income of India is contributed by the Agricultural sector ?
(a) 20)% (b) 30% (c) 40% (d) 50%
104. In which area India is not in deficit position in respect of production ?
(a) Oil-seeds (b) Pulses (c) Vegetables (d) None
105. In which case India has got largest number in the world ?
(a) Goats & sheep (b) Cattle heads (c) Chickens (d) All of these
106. Around which percentage of GDP is contributed by the Public sector enteiprises in the Indian economy ?
(a) 25% (b) 40% (c) 50% (d) 60%
107. Around what percentage of GDP is saved yearly in India ?
(a) 25% (b) 35% (c) 50% (d) More than 50%
108. By how many times prices of goods and services have become increased in India since Independence in 1947 ?
(a) 20 times (b) 30 times (c) 40 times (d) None of these
109. For which amount no corresponding goods and services are supplied in the economy ?
(a) Foreign loan (b) Deficit financing (c) Taxes (d) None110. in which year New Economic Policy (NEP) was announced in India ?
(a) 1950 (b) 1965 (c) 1985 (d) None
111. In which year Liberalization of Industrial Licensing Policies were announced in India ?
(a) 1985 (b) 1988 (c) 1991 (d) None
112. From what area Indian planners receive highest amount ?
(a) Surplus from taxes (b) Internal borrowing (c) External borrowing (d) Deficit Financing113. In which case the role of Public sector Enterprises is not supreme in the Economy of India ?
(a) Petroleum marketing (b) Computer manufacturing
(c) Defence equipment manufacturing (d) None of these
114. The term 'Administered Price' is associated with :
(a) Public Sector (b) Private Sector (c) Organised Sector (d) Unorganised sector115. In which case the workers are associated with Unorganised sector in the economy of India ?
(a) Iron & Steel Industry workers (b) Coal mine workers
(c) Handloom workers (d) None of these116. In which case there are larger number of workers than any other among the areas mentioned in the alternatives ?
(a) Cement (b) Steel (c) Textiles (d) Computers117. In which sector India has been showing highest growth in recent years ?
(a) Agriculture (b) Industries (c) Services (d) None
118. IDBI, IFCI, ICICl are associated with ........ sector :
(a) Agricultural (b) Industrial (c) Services (d) None of these
119. Which one arrange foreign exchange as loan for the Government of India ?
(a) IBRD (b) ADB (c) IMF (d) All of these
120. The Scheduled Banks of India are controlled by the :
(a) UTI (b) Bank's Association (c) RBI (d) None of these
121. What was the target of overall growth in GDP per annum during the 9th Year Plan period (1997-2002) ?
(a) 50% (b) 6% (c) 6.5% (d) 7%
122. To reduce unemployment in India, plans are required to be taken to introduce ........ technique of production.
(a) Capital-intensive (b) Labour-intensive (c) Labour-saving (d) None of these123. In which year 8th Five Year Plan of India was started ?
(a) 1990 (b) 1992 (c) 1993 (d) None of these
124. Approximate per capita or per head yearly income of an Indian on basis of findings of 2001 census was :
(a) 10,000 (b) Rs. 12,000 (c) Rs. 14,000 (d) Rs. 16,000
125. By which percent population of India increased from 1991 to 2001 (i.e decadal growth approximately) :
(a) 17% (b) 19% (c) 21% (d) 23%
126. What was the average density of population in Indian per sq. km. 2001 census report :
(a) 288 persons (b) 304 persons (c) 322 persons (d) 324 persons
127. Average fertility rate i.e number of children per married women on the basis of 2001 census was :
(a) 2.5 (b) 2.8 (c) 3.2 (d) 3.6
128. Average birth rate per 1000 persons in India in 2001 census was (approximately) :
(a) 22 (b) 24 (c) 26 (d) 28
129. Average death rate per 1000 persons per year in India in 2001 census was (Approximately) :
(a) 7 (b) 9 (c) 11 (d) 13
130. Persons living below poverty line in India on the basis of 2001 census was :
(a) 26% (b) 30% (c) 34% (d) 42%
131. The target for 10th plan (Plan period 2002-2007) was to reduce persons living below poverty line to :
(a) 18% (b) 20% (c) 22% (d) 25%
132. The Reserve Bank of India started function from 1st of April of
(a) 1932 (b) 1935 (c) 1941 (d) 1948133. Which one has not been correctly matched regarding time period of Indian Plans :
(a) Sixth Plan : 1980-85 (b) Severn Plan: 1985-90
(c) Eight Plan : 1990-95 (d) None of the
134. The Chelliah Committee formed in 1991 submitted recommendations on :
(a) Bank reforms (b) Tax reforms (c) Stock Exchange reforms (d) None of these
135. Highest source of tax collection in India is :
(a) Direct Tax (b) Indirect tax (c) Value Added Tax (d) None
136. Issues relating to money matters of India are published in the form of Monetary policies by the Reserve Bank of India ....... in a year ?
(a) Once (b) Twice (c) Thrice (d) None of hese
137. The New Industrial Policy of India was announced in :
(a) 1988 (1) 1989 (c) 1990 (d) 1991
138. Which one is not within the function of the Reserve Bank of India ?
(a) Paper currency issue (b) Banker to the Government
(c) Custodian of Foreign Exchange Reserve (d) Banker to the Multinational Companies
139. Which one is not within the Quantitative Credit Control measures of the Reserve Bank of India ?
(a) Bank Rate (b) Open Market (c) Credit Rationing (d) Variable Reserve Ratio
140. The system of imposition of Income tax in India is :
(a) Proportional (b) Progressive (c) Regressive (d) None of these
141. The Union Budget of India generally presented in the Parliament in :
(a) February (b) March (c) April (d) None of these
142. In which position the outcome of foreign trade of India is generally found :
(a) Balanced (b) Surplus (c) Deficit (d) None
143. Which one has not been correctly matched regarding establishment time :
(a) NABARD : 1982 (b) SIDBI : 1990 (c) UTI : 1963 (d) IDBI : 1978
144. In which year the Insdustrial Development Bank of India (IDBI) set up :
(a) 1964 (b) 1973 (c) 1975 (d) None of these
145. In which year 'Sampporna Gramin Rozgar Yojana' (SGRY) was started in India :
(a) 1999 (b) 2001 (c) 2002 (d) 2003146. What was the volume of yearly production of food grains in India in the initial period of the 10th Five Year plan (in million tones) :
(a) 180 (b) 190 (c) 200 (d) 210
147. Which one was the highest source of export earning in the initial period of the 10th Plan (2002-2007) ?
(a) Gems & Jewellery (b) Textiles (c) Engineering goods (d) Chemicals
148. In India highest savings fund remained created by :
(a) Household sector (b) Corporate sector (c) Public Sector (d) None of these
149. In the present Indian societies the percentage of children remaining upto 6 years among the total population remained around : (as in 2001 census) :
(a) 10% (b) 15% (c) 20% (d) 25%150. By how much times population of India increased in India since 1991 census :
(a) 2 times (b) 3 times (c) 4 times (5) 5 tiim
151. Minimum percentage of total male adult persons of an urban area remaining engaged in non agricultural activities should be :
(a) 50 (b) 60 (c) 75 (d) 90
152. In the census of 1991 India had 23 mega cities each havingat least 10 lakh people. In 2001 census the inumber of mega cities increased to :
(a) 28 (b) 31 (c) 35 (d) 41
153. Which State has got highest percentage of urban people in 2001 census ?
(a) Maharashtra (b) Punjab (c) Kerala (d) Tamil Nadu
154. Indian State having lowest percentage of people living below poverty line on the basis of 2001 census report was :
(a) Kerala (b) Gujarat (c) Punjab (d) Karnataka
155. Around what percentage of total people of India was found as working people or productive consumers on the basis of 2001 census report ?
(a) 30 (b) 35 (c) 40 (d) 45
156. Indian State having highest rank in Human Development Index (HDI) In 2001 census was :
(a) Haryana (b) Gujrat (c) Punjab (d) Kerala
157. The greatest achievement of the Five Year Plans of India remained :
(a) Economic Security (b) Employment Security (c) Food security (d) Eradication of poverty
158. The area of highest priority from the Public Sector during the 9th plan period was :
(a) Industries (b) Power (c) Social services (d) Telecommunication
159. In which year the Industrial Policy Resolution was announced by the Union Goverment of India ?
(a) 1948 (b) 1950 (c) 1952 (d) 1954
160. Dr. R. K. Hazari Commission submitted recommendations on issues relating to :
(a) Agricultural policies (b) Industrial licensing policies (c) Fiscal policies (d) Banking policies
161. Public Sector Undertaking of India having highest turnover is
(a) Indian Oil Corporation (b) Food Corporation of India
(c) National Thermal power Corporation (d) Steel Authority of India
162. Which one was not the objective of the organisation of Public Sector units in India :
(a) Higher economic development (b) Creation of employment opportunities
(c) Earning of maximum possible profit (d) Promote balanced regional growth
163. In which year the Intergrated Rural Development Programme (IRDP) was launched ?
(a) 1978 (b) 1980 (c) 1982 (d) 1984
164. The Union Government of India introduced Economic planning system on the basis of the planning system of :
(a) USA (b) Soviet Union (c) China (d) Germany
165. Indian planning system was found remained biased towards the :
(a) Mohalanobis Mondel (b) Gandhian model (c) Keynes model (d) Marshallian model
166. The population of India increased rapidly mainly for :
(a) High birth rate (b) Immigration from outside (c) Decresing death rate (d) Absence of famines
167. Which sector may be found to have higher share in relation to the other towards the National Income of India in recent time :(a) Primary (b) Secondary (c) Tertiary (d) None of these
168. Trend of economic development of an economy should be messured by evaluating :
(a) National income (b) Per capita money income
(c) Per capital real income (d) Position of global trade.
169. The most important agricultural product exported from India remained :
(a) Jute (b) Coffee (c) Tea (d) Wheat
170. Rural economy of India is found to suffer from :
(a) Voluntary unemployment (b) Disguised unemployment
(c) Structural unemployment (d) Cyclical unemployment
171. Which one should considered within basic industry :
(a) Textiles (b) Chemicals (c) Iron (d) Cement
172. In which side the industrial sector of India showed good progress in recent decades ?
(a) Producers goods (b) Consumer durables (c) Wage goods (d) None of these
173. Which sector is desired to be developed by the Planners through utilisation of Public sector fund in recent years ?
(a) Agriculture (b) Industries (c) Infrastructure (d) None of these
174. Major portion of the agricultural lands of India are found to remain under :
(a) Small holdings (b) Medium holding (c) Large holdings (d) None of these
175. What percentage of total land area of India is found to remain within the Urban centres ?
(a) 5 (b) 10 (c) 15 (d) 20176. In India the sugar industries are found to remain located near the :
(a) Market (b) Source of raw materials (c) source of labour force (d) None of these177. Which tax is not collected by the Union Government of India :
(a) Income tax (b) Sales tax (c) Corporation tax (d) Excise tax
178. Continent having highest transaction with India in global trade is :
(a) Asia (b) Europe (c) North America (d) None of these
179. Continuing deficit in the balance of payment position of India in global trade may be considered as :
(a) Unproductive deficit (b) Development deficit (c) Consumption deficit (d) Wasting deficit
180. In the supply of which items the Union Government of India is found to enjoy almost monopoly position :
(a) Petroleum oil (b) Defence equipments (c) Steel products (d) None
181. A single country remaining as the largest trade partner of India is in :
(a)Asia (b) Europe (c) North America (d) South America
182. The inflationary trend of India is based on :
(a) Demand pull (b) Cost push (c) Both demand pull and cost push (d) None of these
183. In which mineral India is found to have deficient position in local production :
(a) Iron Ore (b) Mica (c) Manganese (d) Tin
184. In India poverty of people is generally measures in relation to :
(a) food consumption (b) calorie intake (c) Housing and clothing (d) All of these
185. The 'SEBI' is found to have control over Indian :
(a) Banks (b) Stock Exchanges (c) Wholesale trade (d) None186. The rate at which the Reserve Bank of India discount Bills of Exchanges of the Commercial Banks is known as :
(a) Interest rate (b) Bank rate (c) Discount rate (d) None of these187. In which year the life Insurance Companies were nationalised in India :
(a) 1952 (b) 1954 (c) 1956 (d) 1958
188. The functions relating to 'Clearing House' for the Indian Banks are done by :
(a) Bureau of Bank (b) Reserve Bank (c) Finance Ministry (d) None of these
189. In India lowest volume of tax is received from :
(a) Excise duties (b) Agricultural tax (c) Income tax (d) Corporation tax
190. The Indian economy may be considered as a :
(a) Food surplus economy (b) Trade surplus economy
(c) Labour surplus economy (d) Production surplus economy
191. Foreign Exchange of highest value in terms of Indian rupee is
(a) American dollar (b) British Sterling (c) Russian Rouble (d) Japanese Yen
192. In India companies are required to pay Corporation tax on their :
(a) Production (b) Sales (c) Income (d) Investment
193. Chief Ministers of the Indian States are associated as members with :
(a) Planning Commission (b) Finance Commission
(c) National Development council (d) None of these
194. Who was chosen as the Chairman of the 12th Finance Commission of India :
(a) M. S. Aluwalia (b) C. Rangarajan (c) Bimal Jalan (d) None195. In which case India is not the biggest producer in the world :
(a) Banana (b) Onion (c) ground-nut (d) rice
196. West Bengal has an Export Processing zone at :
(a) Haldia (b) Durgapur (c) Falta (d) None of these197. Indian State having highest production of Cardamon is :
(a) Kerala (b) Sikkim (c) Madhya pradesh (d) Jammu & Kashmir198. In 1991 census India had 927 females per 1000 males, such sex ratio in 2001 census remained :
(a) 929 females (b) 931 females (c) 933 females (d) 935 females
199. In which area no subsidy is given by the Union Government of India ?
(a) Foods (b) Fertilizer (c) Diesel (d) Cooking gas
200. For which item import expenditure became reduced for India with passge of time :
(a) Chemicals (b) Machines (c) Foods (d) Fuels