W.B.C.S EXECUTIVE EXAMINATION, 2009
Time: 2 hours 30 minutes Marks: 200
Direction for Question Nos. 1 to 5 From the given options choose the words nearest in meaning to those underlined in the sentences:
1. The children were very vivacious in the play ground.
(A) smiling (B) sportive (C) lively/full of life (D) joyful
2. After a prolonged suffering he passed away.
(A) went away (B) left (C) expired (D) yielded
3. The musician has a very sonorous voice.
(A) Loud (B) Shrill (C) Harsh (D) Full and deep
4.In the new place he had to earn by the sweat of his brow.
(A) Very hard work (B) Frown of his brow (C) Seriously (D) Idly
5. After much effort he could tide over the crisis.
(A) Overcome (B) Win over (C) Defeat (D) Enjoy
Direction for Question Nos. 6 & 7 Choose the correct prepositions to fill in the blanks:
6. A gentleman should be true _________his words.
(A) from (B) to (C) in (D) on
7. The father was vexed _______ the son.
(A) with (B) about (C) to (D) in
Direction for Question Nos. 8 & 9 Choose the appropriate words from the given options to suit the meaning of the
For complete Question paper Please, Download the file.