[Question No 1 to 25] :
Choose the correct expression from the alternatives.
1. “Patient” means a person under medical treatment and also person having :
(a) high efficiency (b) restlessness (c) calm endurance (d) none of these
2. “March” refers to a month and also :
(a) movement of soldiers (b) order to advance (c) regulated walk (d) all of these
3. “Journal” refers to a newspaper and
(a) daily record of events (b) daily events of financial accounts (c) a news magazine (d) all of these
4. “Nation” means a country and also.
(b) a group of people (b) a piece of land (c) a language of people (d) none of these
5. “Decoration” means beautification and also award of a :
(d) land (b) prize (c) certificate (d) medal
6. “Degree” means an educational certificate and also :
(a) an order (b) a measuring stick (c) an angular distance (d) none of these
7. “Diamond” refers to a gemstone but placed before “jubilee” refers to :
(a) forty (b) fifty (c) sixty (d) hundred
8. “Dictate” means to say other to write and also to :
(a) command (b) help (c) recite (d) none of these
9. Which one is not meant by “Hardwares” ?
(a) metal tools (b) military equipments (c) computer equipments (d) iron sheet
10. “Chamber” refers to a “room” and also a hallroom or house relating to :
(a) Government (b) Parliament (c) Ministry (d) University
11. “Comfort” is not used to refer:
(a) use of fort (b) consolation (c) luxurious living (a) releave from pain
12. “Column” refers to vertical pillar but “Columnist” refers to :
(a) pillar maker (b) supervisor (c) writer for newspaper (d) builder
13. “Watch” means a time-piece and also to maintain close :
(a) vigil (b) interaction (c) relationship (d) communication
14. “Order” refers to command also to have :
(a) progress (b) punishment (c) discipline (d) none of these
15. The player was “booked” refers to the idea that the player was:
(a) registered (b) punished (c) rewarded (d) ousted
16. “Slight” means “very little” and also to :
(a) reduce (b) look after (c) praise (d) ignore
17. “Company” refers to a business unit and also a/an :
(a) association of people (b) trade union (c) group of people (d) political party
18. “Exercise” refers to exertion of body for health and also the act of educational or military :
(a) adventure (b) achievement (c) practice (d) training
19. “Deeply” means to a great depth and also :
(a) Skillful (b) profoundly (c) cleverly (d) strongly
20. “Press” refers to a printing machine and also :
(a) command (a) profession (c) cameraman (d) none of these
21. “Present” denotes “just now” and also a/an :
(a) gift (b) honour (c) cleverness (d) none of these
22. Which one does not mean half:
(a) semi (b) demi (c) mini (d) hemi
23. Which one is not the meaning of “Tender” ?
(a) a rate chart (b) young (c) right on properties (c) compassionate
24. Which one is not the meaning of the word “Tempter” ?
(a) state of mind (b) calmness(c) passion (d) very great
25. Which one does not refer to the word “Ring” ?
(a) chime of bells (b) ornament for finger (c) a circle (d) cleanse With water
[Question No 1 to 10] :
Find the first word of the question for which the given sentence is the answer.
1. In his stories the wrong doers are punished.
(a) whom (b) who (c) How (d) when
2. For having an accident the journey was cancelled.
(a) how (b) why (c) when (d) where
3. We have been living in this town for last five years.
(a) when (b) how (b) why (d) was
4. Men made fire at first by hitting stones.
(a) when (b) how (c) did (d) none of these
5. We can not do away with all our old customs.
(a) did (h) how (c) would (c) can
6. Of the three shirts, I purchased the white one.
(a) what (b) which (c) did (d) whom
7. This umbrella belongs to one of my friends.
(a) what (b) which (c) whom (d) did
8. My friends are flying up and down the Nile.
(a) when (b) where (c) how (d) whom
9. They reached the day before yesterday.
(a) what (b) when (b) how (d) where
10. There is no episode on wild life.
(a) was (b) were (b) did (d) none of them
[Question No. 1 to 30] :
Choose suitable word/words to complete the sentence in a meaningful manner.
1. India has frequently been over run by
(a) enemies (b) invaders (c) invasions (d) terrorists
2. The meaning of “Alma Mater” is
(a) my teacher (d) The universe (c) our country (d) kind mother
3. The antonym of privatisation is
(a) liberalisation (b) globalisation (c) nationalisation (d) centralisation
4. In his lecture I found neither rhyme nor
(a) meaning (b) reason (c) sense (d) logic
5. Many persons are eager to die in
(a) work (b) business (c) activity (d) harness
6. Between India and Pakistan the Kashmir issue is a bone of
(a) clashes (b) contention (c) conflicts (d) none of these
7. Her maiden speech charmed the
(a) visitors (b) audience (c) listeners (d) spectators
8. The host received the guests with open
(a) mind (b) manner (c) door (d) arms
9. The decisions of the party agitated its rank and
(a) staff (b) common men (c) leaders (d) file
10. On having Nobel Prize Prof. Amartya Sen had a feather in his
(a) head (b) honour (c) cap (d) life
11. The manager has efficiency to hit a nail at the
(a) head (b) top (c) bottom (d) wood
12. The chief source of power for modern industries is
(a) workforce (b) electricity (c) management (d) marketing
13. The crocodile is the largest of all
(a) animals (b) mammals (c) vertebrates (c) reptiles
14. The boy was as dumb as a
(a) fish (b) brick (c) statue (d) stone
15. The soldier was as brave as a
(a) tiger (b) lion (c) mountain (d) snake
16. His mental balance was disturbed by a series of
(a) noises (b) accidents (c) events (d) situations
17. On the basis of the judgement the prisoner was set at
(a) liberty (b) freedom (c) independence (d) delight
18. It is stated that when the danger is gone, God is
(a) remembered (b) neglected (c) forgotten (d) worshipped
19. India is a land of ancient
(a) development (b) civilization (c) importance (d) culture
20. The submitted an FIR to the
(a) Court (b) Police station (c) District magistrate (d) Municipal office
21. To have a job, he moved from pillar to
(a) pillar (b) tower (c) post (d) door
22. The Godman states that virtue thrives best in
(a) prosperity (b) difficulties (c) proverty (d) adversity
23. The police decided to set a thief to catch a
(a) robber (b) culprit (c) thief (d) informer
24. The devil would not listen to the
(a) scripture (b) advice (c) holy book (d) holy men
25. The de-jure chief executive of India is the
(a) Prime minister (b) President (c) Parliament (d) Council of minster
26. PSU refers to Public Sector
(a) Unit (b) Union (c) Undertaking (d) Unity
27. The refugees are now in need of
(a) renovation (b) rehabilitation (c) habitation (d) suggestion
28. As he has signed the agreement so he won’t be able to
(a) back in (b) back out (c) back up (d) back out
29. Children are found as playful as
(a) mice (b) kids (c) kitten (d) bees
30. The oldman was as wise as
(a) a fox (b) an owl (c) an elephant (d) a crow