HIGHER SECONDARY EXAMINATION,2013
Prepared by Two TeachersMob—9635053161
CONTACT FOR 2014 SUGGESTION AND ANSWER
RAJAM AND MANI
- How did Rajam impress the whole class on the very first day?
- What was Swaminathan’s reaction when Rajam and Mani decided not to fight and be friends?
- “River Sarayu was the pride of Malgudi” – What evidence does R.K Narayan give us to show that the people of Malgudi took pride in River Sarayu?
- Describe how Rajam and Mani became friends.
- Character of Rajam and Mani.
- Who is Swaminathan? Describe relation between Mani and Swaminathan.
- “Swaminathan broke into loud protestations” – What were his protestation? What did Mani do hearing Swaminathan’s loud protestation?
- Why did the teacher punish Swaminathan? What punishment did Swaminathan get and how did he feel about it?
- “This Rajam was a rival to Mani” – Explain. Or, Why did Mani decide to kill Rajam?
- What made Mani decide not to kill Rajam?
- “This pleased Mani greatly” – What pleased Mani greatly?
- “Swaminathan gasped in astonishment” Why did Swaminathan gasp in astonishment?
- “You are a nasty little coward”—Who is the speaker? Who is you? Why is he called ‘a nasty little coward’
- “Further progress was stopped”—What was the ‘progress’? Why it stooped and what was happened thereafter?
- Extra------Swaminathan expressed a slight fear”---Why and how did Swaminathan express fear?
- Extra------There were vague rumours” – Why were there such vague rumours about Rajam?
- Extra------There were an awful lot” – Who was the speaker? What feeling of the speaker is evident here?
FURTHER PROGRESS IN SPECIALIZATION
- “In old days of, say, twenty years ago, when a man got sick he went to a doctor” – How did the doctor in the old days treat a patient?
- “The patient’s face fell a little at the abrupt firm announcement” – what was the announcement and who made it? Why did the patient’s face fell a little?
- What was Dr. Follicle’s advice to the patient regarding shampoo?
- “I think, he said, there is no doubt about your trouble. You need a shave” – How did Follicle find out that his patient needed a shave?
- What advice did the hierologist give the patient about a shampoo and work around the ears?
- Why is Nature compared to a fond mother?
- Comment on the title of Longfellow’s Nature.
- “Which, though more splendid, may not please him more” – What is referred to which? Why may it not please him more?
- Why does the child in this poem go to bed half willing and half reluctant?
- “Being too full of sleep to understand” – Who says this and about whom? What does the person referred to fail to understand?
- “Scarce knowing if we wish to wish to go or stay” – What does the poet mean here?
- “So Nature deals with us and take ….by one” – Why does Nature take away our playthings?
- What are the unknown and what we know? / What does we wish when Nature take us to unknown world for sleep?
- “……and by the hand leads us to rest so gently”
LIFE AT MOKAMEH GHATT
- Give a brief description of Ramsaran’s school.
- Why does the crossing of the river ‘always pleasure to Corbett’?
- How did Corbett describe the Christmas day celebration and Mokameh Ghatt?
- How did Corbett and his team overcome the strenuous job at Mokameh Ghatt?
- Extra—Character of Jim Corbett.
- “With me was a young man from England”
- “My tan hid my blush”
- “Caste Prejudices ….. first snag”
- How did Corbett describe the cotton treasurer?
- What does the author say about the Lamas?
- What were the pilgrims from Benares caring and how?
- Who was honour ed with the title of Ray-Sahib and why?
- Why were three Brahmins caring holly water from the right bank of the Ganges?
- O, What made fatuous sun beams toil”
- “Move him into the sun”
- What role does the sun play in the poem?
- “Was it for this the clay grey tall”
- How does the poet present dead soldier in this poem?
- “The kind old sun will know”
- “Gently its touch awakes him once….”
- “Are limbs so dear achieve”
- “To break Earth’s sleep at all”
- “Whispering of field unseen”
- “Think how it woke the seeds”
- From which country did the soldier came? And why did he die? What references are there in the poem that indicated his social background?
- Is Futility is a sonnet?
- The Moon arose up in the murky east.”
- “Wondering companionless…..”
- “An aver changing.
- “And like a dying lady lean and pale””
- “”Art thou pale for weariness”
- Why it and shapeless mass?
- “Out of her chamber….brain”
- To what is the Moon compared in the first section of Shelley’s poem.
- “Who totters forth…..”
- Describe how life in prison turned the convict into a “wild beast”
- Salt-cellars episode.
- Describe the life of the convict lived after his escape from the prison.
- “Always remember my son …..Living God.”
- My punishment is just ….very hard.”--- Bring out the sense of the expression and the speaker’s nature? Why does the speaker think that he is justly punished and why does the punishment seem so hard?
- Extra-----How does Persome act as a foil to the Bishop? / Show hoe the Bishop’s character is different from the character of Persome?
- Extra-----“But somehow I –I know you’re good….”What made the convict realize that the Bishop was a good man?
- Extra-----“Ah you are good sister ….. But I don’t want to sell them” – Who is the speaker and to whom? What are referred to as them? Why does not the speaker want to sell them?
- Extra-----“It is hopeless …… we shall have nothing left” -- Why does the speaker say so?
- Multiple Choice 1 x 7 = 7
- Short Question 2 x 4 = 8
- Rearrange 5
- Rewrite as directed.
- Change the Voice/ split
- Change the Indirect Speech
- Change sentence – simple/complex/single
- Use the verb/adjective/noun form.
- Change into interrogative/negative
- Articles & Preposition 3
- Wh-Words 1 x 2 = 2
Summary Or, Report
- Health check up Camp.
- A Debate Competition.
- Tree-plantation Programme.
- An educational Tour.
- A Magic Show.
- A bank-robbery.
- The Devastating Flood / Cyclone.
Edited by. Two Teachers
Eng.Hons & M.A. (1st Class), PGDCA.
TUHIN SUVRA GHOSH
Eng.Hons & M.A. (1st Class), Nutrition Diploma.
CONTACT FOR H.S. AND MADHYAMIK SUGGESTION 2016. MOB -9635053161
AVAILABLE STUDY MATERIALS AND NEW AIR CALLING TEACHING SYSTEM.
FOR CLASS NOTES CONTACT SOON.