W.B.C.S EXECUTIVE EXAMINATION, 2010
Time: 2 hours 30 minutes Marks: 200
1. A pugilist is a
(A) boxer (B) swimmer (C) athlete (D) weight-lifter
2. The specialist who handles problems in the human body related to bones is a/an
(A) orthodontist (B) osteopath (C) podiatrist (D) oncologist
3. Baptism of fire means
(A) a fire fighting act (B) a bad beginning in the first job
(C) a difficult introduction to an experience (D) a religious experience
4. A duck is a bird, but to duck is
(A) to feel shy (B) to refuse (C) to abandon (D) to avoid
5. Insert the appropriate phrasal verb in the blank below and make the sentence meaningful:
This evidence —— with what one already knows.
(A) ties in (B) sets in (C) gives in (D) goes down
6. A manicurist takes care of
(A) foot (B) ear (C) nails (D) mind
7. Fill in the blank with the right word:
A lame duck organization is one which needs —— .
(A) authority (B) staff (C) power (D) support
8. ‘To give a dog a bad name’ means
(A) it is very difficult to destroy the reputation of a loyal person
(B) it is very difficult to lose a bad reputation
(C) it is very difficult to earn a good reputation in a bad company
(D) it is very difficult to both be loyal and do something that jeopardizes self-reputation
9. The prospect of her marriage is remote. The opposite of ‘remote’ in this sentence, would be
(A) high (B) less (C) far (D) near
10. ‘We are superior to everybody else’ is the aptitterance of a/an
(A) egoist (B) pacifist (C) anarchist (D) chauvinist
11. Choose the right alternative from the options given below :
A gourmet loves — .
(A) Fashion (B) Action (C) Food (D) Films
Direction for Question Nos. 12 and 13
Fill in the blanks in the sentences choosing the most meaningful alternative from the ones supplied :
12. The street is not properly .
(A) Illumed (B) Illumined (C) Illuminated (D) Enlightened
13. The —— of the place attracts many ascetics.
(A) Quietness (B) Silence (C) Quietude (D) Soundlessness
14. Choose the correct alternative from the ones supplied:
Detect where the adjective “public” is used in a derogatory sense:
(A) Public house (B) Public woman (C) Public servant (D) Public speech
Direction for Question Nos. 15 to 17
Fill in the blank with the correct alternative from the ones supplied:
15. The man who follows his nose actually follows his .
(A) Passion (B) Rationality (C) Instinct (D) Memory
16. Lachrymose nature means .
(A) Lethargic (B) Prone to anger (C) Prone to tear (D) Energetic
17. A man in the charge of farming and nurturing animals is called .
(A) A ploughman (B) A farmer (C) A firm-manager (D) A husbands man
18. Choose the right alternative from the options given:
A man with an irrationally fixed idea is called
(A) An eccentric (B) A maniac (C) A manikin (D) A phobic
19. Choose the right word from the alternatives to complete the sentence idiomatically:
A clever man sweeps his family scandals under the .
(A) Ground (B) Floor (C) Carpet (D) Grave-stone
20. Fill in the blank with correct word to make the sentence meaningful:
It is usual nowadays to blow one’s own to impress others.
(A) Horn (B) Trumpet (C) Drum (D) Band
Direction for Question Nos. 21 and 22
Opposite Meaning from these:
21. (A) Doggish Canine (B) Manly Virile (C) Divine Infernal (D) Earthly Terrestrial
22.(A) Pedant Pedagogic (B) Humid Arid (C) Erroneous Faulty (D) Horrible — Horrendous
23. Choose the correct alternative from the options to fill in the blanks:
‘In the time of danger, we should try to take the bull by the horns’ means “In the time of danger we should try to “
(A) Surmount it (B) Face the situation boldly (C) Overcome it (D) Control ourselves
Direction for Question Nos. 24 and 25
Choose the word from the list which is nearest in meaning to the underlined part of the sentence:
24. The separation from a lover fills one’s mind with blues.
(A) Sadness (B) Romanticism (C) Nostalgia (D) Colourfulness
25. Hike in oil price may mar the future of the trade world.
(A) Harness (B) Help (C) Better (D) Worsen
26. Enzymes speed up biochemical reactions by
(A) Increasing the activation energy of the reaction
(B) Lowering the temperature of the reaction
(C) Increasing the temperature of the reaction
(D) Lowering the activation energy of the reaction
27. The narrow portion between uterus and vagina of higher mammals is known as
(A) Clitoris (B) Urethra (C) Oviduct (D) Cervix
28. Presence of sunken stomata in leaves indicates the character of
(A) Hydrophytes (B) Xerophytes (C) Halophytes (D) Mesophytes
29. Cardiac muscles do not undergo fatigue, because
(A) Interconnection of cells by intercalated disc
(B) Having numerous mitochondria
(C) Having more actins
(D) Having more myosin
30. Which Five Year Plan was suspended one year before its time schedule?
(A) Third Plan (B) Fourth Plan (C) Fifth Plan (D) Sixth Plan
31. At which Delhi Durbar the Queen of England was proclaimed the Empress of India?
(A) 1876-77 A.D. (B) 1911 A.D. (C) 1921 A.D. (D) None of the above
32. Rate of radiation of heat from a body is the highest if its surface is
(A) White (B) Smooth (C) Smooth but black (D) Rough but black
33. Which of the following is not a physical change?
(A) Dehydrating milk to get milk powder
(B) Sublimation of iodine
(C) Dissolving sugar in tea
(D) Burning of wax in a candle
34. The vegetative body of a bry ophy te/moss represents the structure of
(A) Sporophyte (B) Gametophyte (C) Sporophyte or gametophyte (D) Sporophyte and gametophyte
35. Polytene chromosome is found in the cells of
(A) Salivary gland of larvae of flies (B) Liver of man (C) Neuron of insects (D) None of the above
36. Chittaranjan in West Bengal is well known for its
(A) Fertiliser plant (B) Locomotive works (C) Iron and Steel industry (D) None of the above
37. VAT is imposed on
(A) the final consumer of a commodity
(B) total value added at the final stage of production of a commodity
(C) the value added at each stage of production of a commodity
(D) aggregate value in terms of cost of production of the producer of a commodity
38. The gene for Haemophilia is
(A) X-linked recessive (B) X-linked dominant (C) Y-linked (D) Located in autosome
39. Who was the main inspiration of the Young Bengal movement?
(A) Rammohan (B) Derozio (C) Debendranath (D) David Hare
40. The minimum number of artificial satellites required for communication throughout the globe is
(A) 1 (B) 2 (C) 3 (D) 4
41. The toxic chemical element that caused Minamata disease in Japan was
(A) Uranium (B) Mercury (C) Cadmium (D) Arsenic
42. Who is called “A traditional moderniser”?
(A) Vidyasagar (B) Swami Vivekananda (C) RammohanRoy (D) B.G.Tilak
43. The Right to Information Act is applicable to the whole of India except to the state of
(A) Jammu and Kashmir (B) Mizoram (C) Manipur (D) Nagaland
44. Which metal ion is responsible for electron transportation in photosynthesis?
(A) Sodium (B) Potassium (C) Cobalt (D) Iron
45. The Muhammadan Anglo-Oriental College of Aligarh was founded in the year
(A) 1868 A.D. (B) 1875 A.D. (C) 1883 A.D. (D) 1906 A.D.
46. India developed RISAT 2 satellite in collaboration with
(A) USA (B) Russia (C) France (D) Israel
47. The earthquake in Latur is believed to have resulted from
(A) Excessive loading of water (B) Plate movement (C) Fault line underneath a dam (D) Folding
48. has been declared the International Year of Astronomy.
(A) 2008 (B) 2009 (C) 2010 (D) None of the above
49. In photosynthesis, ‘Light reaction’ takes place in
(A) Cytosol (B) Grana of chloroplast (C) Stroma of chloroplast (D) Ribosome
50. How much of India’s crude oil requirement is imported?
(A) 65% (B) 70% (C) 75% (D) 80%
51. Haversian system is a part of
(A) Kidney (B) Bone (C) Heart (D) Brain
52. With the people of which country Harappan people carried trade?
(A) China (B) Iran (C) Russia (D) Sumer
53. Nadir Shah invaded India in the year
(A) 1738 A.D. (B) 1739 A.D. (C) 1740 A.D. (D) 1741 A.D.
54. The oldest school of Indian Philosophy is
(A) Yoga (B) Sankhya (C) Vaisesika (D) Karma Mimansa
55. The Treaty of Amritsar was signed by the English with Ranjit Singh in the year
(A) 1807 A.D. (B) 1809 A.D. (C) 1811 A.D. (D) 1813 A.D.
56. To which period of Indian history did Aryabhatta and Varahamihira (Scientist and Mathematician respectively) belong?
(A) Maurya period (B) Gupta period (C) Pala period (D) Delhi Sultanate
57. The apex body which operates micro-finance scheme by promoting self-help groups of individuals from a homogeneous class through banks or non-government organisations is
(A) Regional Rural Bank (B) Grameen Bank (C) State Bank of India (D) National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development
58. Who was the founder-President of theSwaraj Party?
(A) Motilal Nehru (B) C.R.Das (C) Rajendra Prasad (D) Rajagopalachari
59. Who was the Governor-General who decided in favour of Western education in India?
(A) Lord Cornwallis (B) LordBentinck (C) LordRipon (D) LordCurzon
60. Under which Article of the Indian Constitution provision has been made for the formation of a Finance Commission to deal with various aspects of Centre-State financial relationship?
(A) Article 245 (B) Article 280 (C) Article 356 (D) Article 370
61. The number of m’ s in the series a bbb ccccc ddddddd ………………. is
(A) 15 (B) 17 (C) 25 (D) 27
62. Which of the following is a good nuclear fuel?
(A) Uranium 238 (B) Plutonium 239 (C) Neptunium 239 (D) Thorium 236
63. Among the districts of West Bengal, according to 2001 census data sex ratio is lowest in
(A) Kolkata (B) Purulia (C) Hooghly (D) Uttar Dinajpur
64. What did Iqta mean during Sultanate period?
(A) A form of Salutation (B) An important official (C) The grant of land revenue from a village or territory (D) None of the above
65. A tube-well will not work if the depth of water below the ground is
(A) 20 ft. (B) 25 ft. (C) 28 ft. (D) 38 ft.
66. Who founded the “Amrita Bazar Patrika”?
(A) Surendra Nath Banerjee (B) Barindra Ghosh (C) Krishna Kumar Mitra (D) Sisir Kumar Ghosh
67. The technique of ‘DNA sequencing’ was discovered by
(A) H.G.Khorana (B) Watson and Crick (C) Frederick Sanger (D) E.M. Southern
68. Which one of the following companies has recently entered into a memorandum of understanding with the Uranium Corporation of India for exploration of uranium deposits?
(A) ONGC (B) GAIL (C) Reliance Petroleum (D) EssarOil
69. A Cladogram depicts the hypothesis of
(A) Evolutionary relationship (B) Phenatic relationship (C) Genetic relationship (D) Taxonomic relationship
70. Which movement of Gandhiji joined with Khilafat movement?
(A) Civil Disobedience (B) Non-Co-operation (C) Quit India (D) Against Indigo cultivation (1917)
71. Which Carbohydrate is used commercially in the silvering of mirrors?
(A) Sucrose (B) Fructose (C) Cellulose (D) Glucose
72. The capital of Tipu Sultan was at
(A) Mysore (B) Seringapattam (C) Sringeri (D) Belur
73. Who v/as the Governor-General of India when Widow Remarriage Act was passed?
(A) LordRipon (B) Lord Canning (C) Lord Dalhousie (D) LordBentinck
74. The Muslim League joined the Interim Government in
(A) October 1946 (B) November 1946 (C) December 1946 (D) January 1947
75. Who translated ‘Nil Darpan’ in English?
(A) Madhusudan Dutt (B) Rev. James Long (C) Harish Chandra Mukherjee (D) Kali Prasanna Singha
76. Consider the following statement
1. Definition of force is obtained from Newton’s first law of motion.
2. Definition of force is obtained from Newton’ s second law of motion.
3. In a house-hold wiring the appliances are connected in series.
4. The picture-tube of a television is basically a cathode ray tube.
(A) Only 1 is correct (B) Only 2 is correct (C) Only 2 and 4 are correct (D) Only 1 and 4 are correct
77. In West Bengal SEZ was planned
(A) Around Medinipur (B) Around Jhargram (C) Around Nandigram (D) Around Haldia
78. The Central Government is to collect Rs crore from disinvestment in 2009-10.
(A) 1120 (B) 1125 (C) 1130 (D) 1150
79. The Himalayas are
(A) Fold Mountains (B) Block Mountains (C) Residual. Hills (D) Tableland
80. Which one of the following is an indirect tax levied by the Central Government in India?
(A) Service tax (B) Corporate Income tax (C) Profession tax (D) Agricultural Income tax
81. Which of the following films was directed by Tapan Sinha?
(A) Zindagi Zindagi (B) Sagina (C) Ek Doctor Ki Maut (D) All of the above
82. Prohibition of Sati was enacted by Regulation XVII in year
(A) 1829 A.D. (B) 1830 A.D. (C) 1835 A.D. (D) None of the above
83. Electrical energy is converted into mechanical energy by a
(A) Thermostat (B) Motor (C) Dynamo (D) Rectifier
84. The Simon Commission was appointed for
(A) Indian Constitutional Reforms (B) Administrative Reforms (C) Educational Reforms (D) Jail Code Reforms
85. Todas are tribals of
(A) Jharkhand (B) Chhattisgarh (C) Uttarakhand (D) Nilgiri Hills
86. World Conference against Racism was recently held in
(A) Beijing B) Durban (C) Bonn (D) Geneva
87. The 73rd Constitutional Amendment in 1992
1. provided a constitutional guarantee to the formation of Panchayats at the village and other levels.
2. added a new part to the Constitution relating to urban local bodies.
3. stipulated that all Panchayat members be elected for a five year term in elections supervised by the State Election Commission. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
(A) 1 and 2 (B) 1 and 3 (C) 1 only (D) 2 only
88. Partition of Bengal was withdrawn in
(A) 1905 (B) 1906 (C) 1911 (D) 1909
89. What is Ibadat Khana at Fatepur Sikri?
(A) A magnificent building for residence (B) A house for religious discourses of all religions (C) A house for eating (D) None of the above
90. Who was Megasthenes?
(A) Ambassador of Selecus (B) Prime Minister of Chandragupta Maurya (C) A Greek pilgrim (D) A Chinese traveller
91. Who among the following Sultans of Delhi wanted to become Second Alexander and conquer the world?
(A) Alauddin Khilji (B) Ghiyasuddin Balban (C) Muhammad Bin Tugluq (D) None of them
92. Kapildhara Falls is located on
(A) River Sone (B) River Chambal (C) River Narmada (D) River Krishna
93. Who founded the “School Book Society”?
(A) William Jones (B) Hyde East (C) D.Bethune (D) David Hare
94. India held joint naval exercise in February with USA and
(A) Japan (B) Australia (C) South Korea (D) None of the above
95. A piece of cotton cloth gets wet if one end of it is dipped in water in a glass. This is due to
(A) Gravitation (B) Viscosity (C) Elasticity (D) Capillarity
96. Tsunamis are generated by
(A) Undersea plate movements (B) Undersea vulcanism (C) Tidal change (D) None of the above
97. Who wrote “Life Divine”?
(A) Swami Vivekananda (B) Keshab Chandra Sen (C) Sister Nivedita (D) Arabindo Ghosh
98. In which year did Jaljanwalabagh massacre happen?
(A) 1908 (B) 1909 (C) 1918 (D) 1919
99. Who was the author of Rajtarangini?
(A) Kautilya (B) Megasthenes (C) Kalhan (D) None of the above
100. Highest population growth rate in West Bengal, according to 2001 census is found in
(A) Malda (B) Uttar Dinajpur (C) Dakshin Dinajpur (D) South 24-Parganas
121. Satyam Computers has been taken over by
(A) Larsen & Toubro (B) TCS (C) TechMahindra (D) W.L.Ross .
122. The first Indian Prime Minister who the then did not belong to the Indian National Congress?
(A) Charan Singh (B) Vishwanath Pratap Singh (C) Chandra Shekhar (D) MorarjiDesai
123. 8 persons A, B, C, D, E, F, G and H are sitting by a round table each facing the centre. D is second to the left of F and third to the right of H. A is second to the right of F and an immediate neighbour of H. C is second to the right of B and F is third to the right of B. G is not an immediate neighbour of F. In the above information who is to the immediate left of A?
(A) H (B) E (C) G (D) B
124. The Bhakra Nangal Multipurpose Project consists of the Bhakra Dam across
(A) River Jhelum (B) River Sutlej (C) River Beas (D) River Indus
125. ‘Sundarbans’ in West Bengal has been declared World Heritage site in
(A) 1999 (B) 1989 (C) 1979 (D) 1969
126. India was the country to develop nuclear powered submarine.
(A) 5th (B) 6th (C) 7th (D) 8th
127. Shivaji’s coronation took place in the year
(A) 1672 AD. (B) 1673 A.D. (C) 1674 A.D. (D) 1675 A.D.
128. Bauxite extracted in Madhya Pradesh is used for the production of
(A) Bronze (B) Aluminium (C) Copper (D) Mica
129. The Diwani of Bengal was granted to Clive in the year
(A) 1757 A.D. (B) 1765 A.D. (C) 1772 A.D. (D) 1784 A.D.
130. Which officer was called Bakshi during the rule of Akbar?
(A) An officer in charge of town administration
(B) Officer in charge of military organization
(C) An administrative/executive officer
(D) None of the above
131. In which of the following Five Year Plans a bold approach was adopted towards a long term employment policy?
(A) Fifth (B) Sixth (C) Seventh (D) Eighth
132. 19 students appear in a class test. The average of the best 10 scores is 69 while that of the worst 10 is 38. If the average of all the 19 scores is 54, the 10th score in order of magnitude is
(A) 62 (B) 58 (C) 46 (D) 44
133. AIDS/HIV virus is a type of
(A) DNA virus (B) RNA virus (C) Either DNA or RNA virus (D) Both DNA and RNA virus
134. Forest Protection Committees consist of
(A) Forest Guards (B) Panchayat Members (C) Forest Villages, Forest Department and Panchayat (D) Forest Department officials
135. In India variety of corals are found around
(A) Lakshadweep (B) Daman &Diu (C) Sundarbans (D) Narmada estuary
136. 50 added to 60% of a number is the number itself. The number is
(A) 110 (B) 125 (C) 200 (D) 300
137. C is A’s only daughter, and B and D are her only two brothers. Of the three grandsons E, G and M of A, E and M are only sons of B and D respectively. Of the three grand daughters F, H and N of A, H and N are only daughters of C and D respectively. Then B is G’s
(A) Maternal uncle (B) Paternal uncle (C) Nephew (D) Cousin
138. Bailadila range in India is noted for the production of
(A) Aluminium (B) Iron Ore (C) Bauxite (D) Mica
139. Consider the following statements about the Right to Education Bill:
150. Which one of the following pairs of days may appear 53 times each in a leap year while all other days will appear 52 times each?
(A) Sunday and Friday (B) Wednesday and Thursday (C) Monday and Wednesday (D) Tuesday and Saturday
151. Who was known as the mother of Indian revolutionaries?
(A) Sister Nivedita (B) Annie Besant (C) Madame Cama (D) Matangini Hazra
152. The soil of Bankura district is
(A) Podzolic (B) Alluvial (C) Lateritic (D) Salty
153. Corazone Aquino was the head of .
(A) Thailand (B) Philippines (C) Fiji (D) Australia
154. The Nagarjunasagar Multipurpose Project consists of a masonry dam across
(A) River Krishna (B) River Cauvery (C) River Tungabhadra (D) River Sone
155. Which one among the following Indian states has the highest density of population?
(A) West Bengal (B) Maharastra (C) Uttar Pradesh (D) Bihar
156. The last Wimbledon (2009) was Roger Federars grand slam title.
(A) 15th (B) 16th (C) 17th (D) 18th
157. The 109th amendment of the Indian Constitution relates to .
(A) The President’s power (B) Age of voters (C) Reservation for SCs and STs (D) Official language
159. Alberto Fujimori was the President of
(A) Peru (B) Japan (C) Kenya (D) Chile
160. Who of the following conquered territory in India and founded an empire in the name of his ancestors?
(A) Humayun (B) SherShah (C) Babur (D) None of them
161. Who presided over the second session of the Indian National Congress?
(A) Dadabhai Naoroji (B) Badruddin Tayebji (C) W.C. Bonerjea (D) Pherozeshah Mehta
162. Queen Victoria became Empress of India by
(A) Royal Titles Act, 1876 (B) Act of 1858 (C) Council Act, 1861 (D) Act of 1872
163. Iran recently celebrated anniversary of its Islamic Revolution.
(A) 20th (B) 25th (C) 30th (D) 50th
164. Inter-state water dispute regarding sharing of river water has been taking place between
(A) Madhya Pradesh and Orissa (B) Karnataka and Tamil Nadu (C) Utttar Pradesh and Bihar (D) Gujarat and Maharashtra
165. In respiration, cytosol plays a significant role in
(A) Oxidative phosphorylation (B) Oxidative decarboxylation of pyruvic acid (C) Krebs cycle (D) Glycolysis
166. Which Constitutional Amendment Act granted the Right to Education for all Indian citizens?
(A) 73rd (B) 74th (C) 86th (D) 91st
167. The All India Home Rule League was established by
(A) Annie Besant ¦ (B) Motilal Nehru (C) B.R.Ambedkar (D) Sarojini Naidu
168. A man, while facing east, turns twice in succession to his right; then turns thrice in succession to his left; finally he turns twice in succession to his right. The direction he is facing now is
(A) East (B) West (C) North (D) South
169. The author of “In Other Rooms, Other Wonders” is
(A) Mohsin Hamid (B) NadeemAslam (C) Daniyal Mueenuddin (D) Mohammad Hanif
170. Which one of the following years is regarded as the base year for construction of the Wholesale Price Index in India?
(A) 1990-91 (B) 1991-92 (C) 1992-93 (D) 1993-94
171. Who founded the Indian Association in Calcutta?
(A) W. C. Banerjea (B) S. N. Banerjee (C) Subhas Chandra Bose (D) Chittararijan Das
172. India’s third research st?tion in Antarctica will be named
(A) Gangotri (B) Maitri (C) Bharti (D) Alka
173. 69 biscuits were distributed among 27 students in a class. If each boy got 2 biscuits and each girl 3, how many girls were there in the class?
(A) 23 (B) 19 (C) 15 (D) 12
174. River Ganga flows into the sea through
(A) An estuary (B) A delta (C) A bird’s foot estuary (D) None of the above
175. The word “demarche” recently appeared in the news in the wake of Mumbai Terror Attacks. What is a “demarche”?
(A) A sudden air-strike on a specific area in a foreign country
(B) A secret report on subversive activities within a state
(C) Diplomatic representation of a government position
(D) Recommendations to the government on police reforms
176. Gangubai Hangal belonged to gharana.
(A) Agra (B) Gwalior (C) Mewati (D) Kirana
177. China was recently lashed by Typhoon ,
(A) Morakot (B) Lungwang (C) Wukong (D) Rumbia
178. The next term in the series 1,2,6,15,31, is
(A) 47 (B) 50 (C) 56 (D) 63
179. Suppose x * y = x + y, if x < y
= x-y+l, if x>y
= 2x-l, if x = y
Then 5 * (6 * 2) + (5 * 6) * 2 = ?
(A) 24 (B) 23 (C) 20 (D) 19
181. Who is the Chairperson of the Unique Identification Authority’?
(A) B.G.Verghese (3) Nandan Nilekani (C) SamPitroda (D) Nandan Bagchi
182. Consider the following statements:
1. Part II ofthe Indian Constitution covers Articles 12 to 35 and deals with Fundamental Rights of Indian citizens.
2. Right to Property is listed as a Fundamental Right in the Constitution.
Which of the above statements is/are correct?
(A) 1 only (B) 2 only (C) Both 1 and 2 (D) Neither 1 nor 2
183. Which of the following recently filed for bank ruptcy?
(A) General Motors (B) Toyota (C) Hyundai (D) Honda
184. Globalisation is being reflected in the Indian Scenario through thf1 establishment of
(A) Neighbourhood shops (B) Local bazaars (C) Shopping malls (D) Stationery shops
185. Among Ashok, Dibakar, Aran and Bratin, Dibakar is younger than Aran, Bratin is older than only Ashok. Who is the oldest?
(A) Can’t be identified data incomplete (B) Dibakar (C) Aran (D) Bratin
186. An alloy contains 20% zinc, 45% nickel and rest aluminium. The total mass in gm of the alloy containing 105 gm of aluminium is
(A) 170 (B) 200 (C) 250 (D) 300
188. Which of the following Indian pharmaceuticals companies was recently taken over by Diichi Sankyo of Japan with 62-92% of equity share capital?
(A) Ranbaxy (B) Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories (C) Nicholas Piramal (D) Glaxo India
189. Bombay High Court recently ordered the merger of Reliance Industries and .
(A) Reliance Natural (B) Reliance Infra (C) Reliance Petroleum (D) Reliance Power
190. ‘Andhis’ are storms of
(A) Punjab (B) West Bengal (C) Assam (D) Uttar Pradesh
191. Which was not a member of Third Front in last Lok Sabha Election?
(A) CP1(M) (B) Janata (S) (C) TRS (D) SP
192. Same force is applied to two bodies A and B of masses na and 5 m respectively for the same time. Then
(A) Velocity of A and B will be same (B) Momentum of A and B will be same (C) Momentum of A will be greater (D) Momentum of B will be greater
193. Coastal Regulation Zones in India have been identified on the, basis of
(A) Tidal Height (B) Sea Level Rise (C) Depth of Water (D) Undersea Bathymetry
194. India is not a member of .
(A) BRIC (B) BIMSTEC (C) SCO (D) WTO
195. Consider the following statements:
1. Rajya Sabha is a permanent body.
2. Every member of the Rajya Sabha is entitled to a maximum term of five years.
3. Lok Sabha can make laws on subjects mentioned in the State List. Which of the above statements is/are correct?
(A) 2 and 3 (B) land 3 (C) 2 only (D) None of 1,2 and 3
196. Who was the President of the Constituent Assembly ?
(A) B.R. Ambedkar (B) C. Rajagopalachari (C) Rajendra Prasad (D) Jawaharlal Nehru
197. Last August India signed a free trade agreement with .
(A) OPEC (B) AU (C) ASEAN (D) NAFTA
198. Which of the following recently witnessed ethnic riots?
(A) Urumaqi (B) Wuhan (C) Tianjin (D) Taichung
199. In West Bengal Plantation Agriculture is found in
(A) Malda district (B) Darjeeling district (C) Bankura district (D) Howrah district
200. Match List I with List II and select the correct
answer using the codes given below the Lists:
List I (Person) List II (Position)
(a) N. Gopalaswamy 1. Chief Information Commissioner
(b) Sukhadeo Thorat 2. Chief Election Commissioner
(c) Wajahat Habibullah 3. Chairperson, National Human Rights Commission
(d) S. Rajendra Babu 4. Chairman, University Grants Commission
(A) a-2,b-l,c-4,d-3 (B) a-l,b-3,c-4,d-2 (C) a-2,b-4,c-3,d-l (D) a-2,b-4,c-l,d-3