Recruitment Information of Headmasters & Headmistresses
SYLLABUS OF WRITTEN EXAMINATION FOR THE POST OF HEADMASTERS /HEADMISTRESSES OF HIGH /
HIGHER SECONDARY / JR. HIGH SCHOOLS [EXCLUDING MADRASAHS]
Paper-I be of three parts:- Part-A of 15 marks consisting of Subjective/ Short Essay Type questions to be answered in
English only, Part-B of 15 marks consisting of Subjective/ Short Essay Type questions to be answered either in English or
in Bengali & Part-C of 15 marks consisting of Subjective/ Short Essay Type questions to be answered in English. Paper-II
be of 10 marks consisting of 20 Multiple Choice Objective Type questions.
Syllabus of Paper-I – Part-A (To be answered in English only)
1. The West Bengal Board of Secondary Education Act, 1963.
2. The West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education Act, 1975.
3. The West Bengal Board of Madrasah Education Act, 1994.
4. The West Bengal School Service Commission Act, 1997
5. The West Bengal Schools (Control of Expenditure) Act, 2005
6. The West Bengal Schools (Recruitment of Non-teaching Staff) Rules, 2005
7. The West Bengal School Service Commission (Selection of persons for appointment to the Post of Teachers) Rules, 2007
8. The West Bengal Schools (Recruitment of Teachers on vacancy caused by leave or deputation) Rules, 2006
9. The West Bengal Panchayat Act, 1973.
10. The West Bengal Municipal Act.
11. The Constitution of India.
12. Compositions of the Board of Secondary Education, Board of Madrasah Education and the Council of
Higher Secondary Education.
13. Procedure for Recruitment of Teaching/Non-teaching Staff; appointment, approval and their confirmation.
14. Break -in Service Condonation, Lien, Leave Rules.
15. Resignation, Termination & Dismissal.
16. Service Rules of Teachers/Non-teaching Staff including Pension matters and Retirement Benefits.
17. Improvement of Qualification as In-Service Teaching / Non-Teaching Staff.
18. Grant-in-Aid Rules, Treasury Functions, House Rent Rules, Arrear Claims.
19. GPF & CPF Rules- Change of Option.
20. ROPA-various aspects-Fixation of Pay etc-Change of Option
Syllabus of Paper-I– Part-B (To be answered either in English or in Bengali)
1. Resolution Drafting.
2. Preparation of School Time-Table.
3. Revision of Syllabus and Curriculum.
4. Maintenance of Books of Accounts.
5. Staff Patterns of different Schools.
6. Discipline and Model Management Procedure.
7. Management Rules and Managing Committees.
8. Acquaintance with different Govt. Rules and Orders connected with School administration.
9. Co-curricular activities in school-its character and significance.
Syllabus of Paper-I– Part-C (To be answered in English only)
1. Official Correspondences.
2. English Grammar (Up to Higher Secondary Standard).
Syllabus of Paper-II– Objective Type (To be answered in OMR)
1. General Awareness.
2. Current Affairs.
3. Elementary Mathematics.